Damage Calculation

prokolyo

Damage Calculation

Post by prokolyo »

So I had a 100% shot with a sniper, 7-12 plus 7 crit. The shot hits with a crit, but for 13. Shouldn't the min with crit be 14? Is this possible, or a bug? Thanks.
SpinDoctor

Re: Damage Calculation

Post by SpinDoctor »

prokolyo wrote:So I had a 100% shot with a sniper, 7-12 plus 7 crit. The shot hits with a crit, but for 13. Shouldn't the min with crit be 14? Is this possible, or a bug? Thanks.
So you were expecting 19 damage and only got 13, is that right? I've only seen a percentage to crit. Never seen an actual crit value until I take the shot and it just is what it is. I've seen crits for 5 and crits for 25 with the same weapon. Do you have a mod that shows the value?

I tend to not worry about that stuff. It sucks the fun out of it. Just take the shot and have a backup plan.
prokolyo

Post by prokolyo »

Well, the interface shows you - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1626154354
Maybe it's the Perfect Information mod, but not sure... So my typical weapon damage was 7-12, and the crit was shown as 7, with pretty high chance (regardless). So I was expecting a minimum of 7 if I didn't crit, and a minimum of 14 (7+7) if I did crit. But I got 13, and wonder how...
SpinDoctor

Post by SpinDoctor »

prokolyo wrote:Well, the interface shows you - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1626154354
Maybe it's the Perfect Information mod, but not sure... So my typical weapon damage was 7-12, and the crit was shown as 7, with pretty high chance (regardless). So I was expecting a minimum of 7 if I didn't crit, and a minimum of 14 (7+7) if I did crit. But I got 13, and wonder how...
Got it. Actually, I was playing last night and I did see that there was a crit value in the interface as you said. I've never noticed that before. The only time I'm really concerned with crit values/percentages is when I want my sniper to take a Kubikiri shot. But it does seem like you should have gotten at least 14 damage. I dunno. I guess that's Xcom...
Adharaz

Post by Adharaz »

Do the aliens have the Will to Survive Dark Event? Could be that you rolled an absolute min roll crit minus 1 and the UI failed to display this.
prokolyo

Post by prokolyo »

Adharaz wrote:Do the aliens have the Will to Survive Dark Event? Could be that you rolled an absolute min roll crit minus 1 and the UI failed to display this.
Bingo! I do have that event active, so it must have been that, or some other similar modifier... A lot of times I'm like, man this game is bugged, but there is always a rational explanation :) The UI probably displayed it but I must've not paid attention.