How do I free regions?

Post by Dodie »

I have three regions at the moment.
East Europe - strengh 4
west asia - strengh 2
New arctic - strengh 1

Do I have to scan East Europe further?
(To free the region)
Last edited by Dodie on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pawnman

Re: How do I free regions?

Post by Pawnman »

Not sure if you want an in detail/spoiler description or not, let me know if ya do. But for now I'll start with the basics on how to liberate regions.

Liberating a region is a chain of missions you need to do, and it'll take a while and a concise effort to accomplish this. Just keep scanning and taking on missions and eventually you'll notice your objectives getting fulfilled in the top left under the "Liberate a Region" portion. Sometimes on some missions you'll see the word "liberation" in the mission rewards which means that the specific mission is apart of the chain. Now there is no penalty for skipping the mission, meaning it's not like your only shot or something if you skip it... these missions will "refresh" if you feel like it's too risky at the current moment, so you can try them again later.

Again, if you want a precise explanation, let me know! Otherwise you can run with the basics and you will get there eventually.
Good luck!
Dodie

Post by Dodie »

Thx.

I found the complete answer at steam.
You mean this is a spoiler?
So, i am not writing it here. But everyone can search
for "xcom 2 long war guide" on steam, there is the answer.
Pawnman

Post by Pawnman »

Well, I myself didn't really consider this a spoiler tbh! It's not like it spoils the story or anything.

But I had someone on the Steam forums get mad at me for giving away the specifics on how to accomplish the liberation. I guess because he wanted to figure it out for himself and felt that I gave too much info on a core mechanic of the game. idk, I myself always like to research builds & tips on mechanics that I'm not crystal clear on (especially when it comes to Long war mods) but I do know there are players that like to roll with the punches and discover things as they come! So... I'm just being cautious is all.