alien mecs/micro missiles/viper poison - intended design?

Share strategy and tips here.
c7007

alien mecs/micro missiles/viper poison - intended design?

Post by c7007 »

1. I was just wondering if anyone has encountered/noticed that enemy mecs seem to have unlimited range/cooldown and sight range on micromissiles?
I was on the ufo defense mission, and I had a trooper run all the way to the beacon to expose it for my snipers, revealing a pod with a longbow (the soldier was not concealed). I had a group of severely wounded soldiers huddled at the ramp, and the following two turns the mec launches micro missiles right into my team with no enemies to spot the soldiers it fires on.

2. On a few occasions it seems like viper poison can shoot straight through solid walls and acts more like a grenade then a projectile, is that intended too? I've had 3 soldiers lined up behind a solid wall with only one of them exposed to be shot at in high cover, yet all three get hit with poison.
Jadiel

Re: alien mecs/micro missiles/viper poison - intended design?

Post by Jadiel »

1. It was a Longbow. I think squadsight micromissles is their thing. Hence the name

2. Yes, they do seem to target a lot more like a grenade. I don't think this is a problem though.
fowlJ

Post by fowlJ »

Funky targeting on these abilities is a known issue which I believe will be fixed in 1.2.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

Yeah, Xwynns noticed it in his Let's Play. Any MEC can fire with unlimited range and no LoS required.