Liberation and vigilance

Share strategy and tips here.
hewhoispale

Liberation and vigilance

Post by hewhoispale »

Is there a mechanic under the hood that causes increased vigilance in regions adjacent to liberated regions? My understanding is that ADVENT requires a fairly high strength value in a region adjacent to a liberated region in order to attempt to launch an invasion.

Here's the scenario: I've liberated New Mexico and New Australia, in order to take the heat off I've been doing the propaganda missions (the get attention assassinations and sabotage missions) in various non-adjacent Asian regions to try and take the heat off, but they seem to just be keeping all those legions near my liberated regions and moving the rest of the world's forces around. It is possible that I just ran way too many missions in the US and Brazilian regions before I expanded, but I've mostly left them alone for a while now.

On a similar note, will revealing a regional HQ cause ADVENT to reinforce that region forever to protect it, or is there a cap to how much they will respond? Could I do a network tower mission for the purpose of revealing the HQ just to cause a massive sink for ADVENT strength in a region I have no intention of liberating to draw them away from places I care about?
trihero

Re: Liberation and vigilance

Post by trihero »

It is possible that I just ran way too many missions in the US and Brazilian regions before I expanded, but I've mostly left them alone for a while now.
Well unfortunately leaving areas alone itself doesn't make them reduce their strength there, I've noticed especially on legendary if you spike vigilance in an area, there's essentially nothing you can to do get them to leave the area. They have so many reinforcements coming in, that even if you spike vigilance somewhere half across the world in order to "divert" their strength, they still just wind up sitting at the same advent strength in regions you haven't touched for a while.

Another plausible explanation is that they were trying to get to your liberated region to begin with by shipping troops over, so what you see in the adjacent regions is the effect of them trying to shift troops towards the liberated region but they are not bottlenecked at the adjacent region now.

And yeah I wouldn't be surprised if there were some kind of logic that makes them want to build up enough strength to invade you. I may not have answered your question in the way you wanted to, but what would you even do differently if you knew that they deliberately reinforce adjacent regions?
hewhoispale

Post by hewhoispale »

trihero wrote: Well unfortunately leaving areas alone itself doesn't make them reduce their strength there, I've noticed especially on legendary if you spike vigilance in an area, there's essentially nothing you can to do get them to leave the area. They have so many reinforcements coming in, that even if you spike vigilance somewhere half across the world in order to "divert" their strength, they still just wind up sitting at the same advent strength in regions you haven't touched for a while.

Another plausible explanation is that they were trying to get to your liberated region to begin with by shipping troops over, so what you see in the adjacent regions is the effect of them trying to shift troops towards the liberated region but they are not bottlenecked at the adjacent region now.

And yeah I wouldn't be surprised if there were some kind of logic that makes them want to build up enough strength to invade you. I may not have answered your question in the way you wanted to, but what would you even do differently if you knew that they deliberately reinforce adjacent regions?
Well, my understanding is that vigilance naturally decays slowly and I would figure that if I'm not increasing it in the regions adjacent to a liberated region and running propaganda missions with the intention of raising vigilance in New India above that eventually I would create a larger vigilance spike and that they would start moving troops away from the liberated areas to defend New India, or at least send less of them to those regions and more to New India.

This might all be an effect of playing only on Veteran and ADVENT just doesn't have enough legions to deal with the amount of global vigilance I'm creating.

I guess I wouldn't do much different, but I'm not really crazy about the idea of running low percent troop column missions in strength 8 regions if I want to keep those areas in check.

I suppose I'm mostly just curious as to how ADVENT prioritizes redeploying it's legions when provided with multiple threats.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

ADVENT appears to actively build up forces for an invasion. It's not if they get to 8, but when.
Jadiel

Post by Jadiel »

Vigilance is only one of the factors which determines where the AI calls in reinforcements, and how it moves it's troops around. Others are: liberation progress in that region, presence of liberated regions adjacent to the region, and presence of facilities/blacksites in the region.