How to use Ranger secondary?

Share strategy and tips here.
trihero

Re: How to use Ranger secondary?

Post by trihero »

juplaa wrote:It's useful for those bullet-spunges if you can stun them. I used it on the beserker queen after stunning the thing with my assault. I was able to kill her before she got away
I forgot about stun guns on alien rulers, now I will have to bring an assault who focuses on that o.O
Mavoc

Post by Mavoc »

8wayz wrote:Combined with some good AWC perk for pistols, that soldier can give the aliens a lot of trouble, especially if they get close enough.
AFAIK, none of the AWC pistol perks affect the sawed off shotgun. If I am incorrect in this thinking, then I would very much like to be enlightened.
moroniccinamun

Post by moroniccinamun »

Mavoc wrote:
8wayz wrote:Combined with some good AWC perk for pistols, that soldier can give the aliens a lot of trouble, especially if they get close enough.
AFAIK, none of the AWC pistol perks affect the sawed off shotgun. If I am incorrect in this thinking, then I would very much like to be enlightened.
I think the idea is that since pistols are also short ranged (but less so than the sawed off), they can work well together to pour out many pistol rounds before delivering a barrel or 2 to someone.

Also, Center Mass which is there fairly early works for primaries, sawed off, and pistols.