Recommended roster size?

Share strategy and tips here.
Gallion

Recommended roster size?

Post by Gallion »

Anyone know how big of a roster we should be aiming to build up? In LW1 the default 40 soldiers was enough to last you the whole game (aside from replacing casualties), but I have a feeling the default 20 in LW2 is going to need some upgrading, I'm just not sure how much.
xwynns
Long War 2 Crew

Re: Recommended roster size?

Post by xwynns »

The one Legend campaign I completed had 50+ in the barracks at the end, with another 30 dead (though I don't know if the game counts rebels as losses in the campaign summary)
No1currz

Post by No1currz »

Everytime I go to the barracks and hit recruit, the list is empty (after I grabbed the first five or so)

I am, however, running a bunch of mods

Is this a mod conflict? Have I not triggered some sort of in game method of replenishing the list? Is this intentional?

Edit: I should note I'm about halfway through my third month in-game
Gallion

Post by Gallion »

xwynns wrote:The one Legend campaign I completed had 50+ in the barracks at the end, with another 30 dead (though I don't know if the game counts rebels as losses in the campaign summary)
Oh dear.
xwynns
Long War 2 Crew

Post by xwynns »

No1currz wrote:Everytime I go to the barracks and hit recruit, the list is empty (after I grabbed the first five or so)
Have you set any of your rebels to work the Recruit job? Have you been keeping liaisons in havens?
No1currz

Post by No1currz »

xwynns wrote:
No1currz wrote:Everytime I go to the barracks and hit recruit, the list is empty (after I grabbed the first five or so)
Have you set any of your rebels to work the Recruit job? Have you been keeping liaisons in havens?
I have a few rebels recruiting, and my havens seem to be getting larger. I assigned a high level soldier to my first haven, and he rooted out a faceless (but I have since put that haven in hiding)

Is that the mechanic? Havens recruit and ~sometimes~ the recruits get added to the list of available soldiers to be recruited?
xwynns
Long War 2 Crew

Post by xwynns »

Yes, recruiting favors additional rebels up to 13 (max rebels that can be working in a haven), then it favors additional rookies.
No1currz

Post by No1currz »

xwynns wrote:Yes, recruiting favors additional rebels up to 13 (max rebels that can be working in a haven), then it favors additional rookies.
Ah, gotcha. All of my havens have around 10 rebels. That explains it.

Thanks for your help