Is or normal to get 50+ Aliens in a mission?

Share strategy and tips here.
agodin

Is or normal to get 50+ Aliens in a mission?

Post by agodin »

Hello all,

Just started the game with Long War 2 mod, completed the first intro mission and the very next mission offered was Infiltrate, where I have to break out resistance members and get them to evac point.

Problem is I had cleared out 46 aliens before I started losing all my troops and there where easily another 10+ aliens still around with reinforcements still dropping.

Is this normal to face such a huge amount of enemy in the second mission let along I got no where near the prisoners.
Thanks all
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Is or normal to get 50+ Aliens in a mission?

Post by johnnylump »

Please read the in-game archives with all the information about infiltration.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

Here's a thing: http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/Image ... torial.jpg

Archives will have the rest. :)
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

That 'thing' is critical.

The more 'Intel' you get from local resistance groups, the more you will get missions with a longer timer before they expire.

The longer the timer, the bigger group you can send, or the more infiltration you can achieve, before the mission requires you to start it.

I have, for example, calculated a squad to be exactly the size to allow 200% infiltration, thus giving me optimal conditions for the mission. More often, you want a squad that gets over 100% at least.

You have to MOVE your ship to the mission to even see this time? Which is awkward. Having seen that there are only 2 days left, for example, you will probably abort immediately, and return to what you were doing.

The strategic layer is truly terrific.
CyanideParadox

Post by CyanideParadox »

Hunter wrote: You have to MOVE your ship to the mission to even see this time? Which is awkward. Having seen that there are only 2 days left, for example, you will probably abort immediately, and return to what you were doing.
You can actually see the expiration time without moving the ship by mousing the mission icon on the bottom of the screen in the Geoscape.
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

CyanideParadox wrote:
Hunter wrote: You have to MOVE your ship to the mission to even see this time? Which is awkward. Having seen that there are only 2 days left, for example, you will probably abort immediately, and return to what you were doing.
You can actually see the expiration time without moving the ship by mousing the mission icon on the bottom of the screen in the Geoscape.
Ah! Well, that IS handy!