My Favorite solo assassain classs, Technician.

Share strategy and tips here.
ArchmageMC

My Favorite solo assassain classs, Technician.

Post by ArchmageMC »

For Destroy the Relay and Eliminate the VIP, a stealth based technician works really well. Although you'll need two of them to deal with each mission, since Rocket build works great for the VIP, while Flamethrower is much safer with Destroy the Relay.

Since Eliminate the VIP's goal is to kill a 5-10 hp target around a car, and the EVAC tends to be very close by, you can just stealth to the EVAC with your tech, then javlin rocket the VIP, getting the kill and EVACing on that turn.

For Destroy the Relay its a bit trickier. First you gotta stealth to on top of the relay building, then you have to call the Skyranger (Preferably if you have two avenues to attack the relay, throw it near the other so enemies move towards it), and wait until its almost there (1 turn to go). Then you have to figure out where you have cover and can hit the relay with your flamethrower, while being able to dash to the EVAC zone you summoned. Now the tricky part, and it might not always work. You have to attack the relay with the flamethrower, making sure Fortify is up and your in cover, then get back to the EVAC and hope the fire blows up the relay by destroying the environment. This may take more than one turn, so if you can hide in a spot without any ADVENT seeing you while the building burns, do it. Unlike the first one, this one is a bit trickier and game-y, but it works!
JLtheking

Re: My Favorite solo assassain classs, Technician.

Post by JLtheking »

Really innovative. Why bother with a Sharpshooter-Shinobi and a less than 100% to hit/kill the VIP when you can just snipe using a rocket :P.

I assume you need Rank 1 Fire In The Hole as you'll be blue-moving out of LOS blocking cover, and Javelin Rockets if you are actually legit trying to snipe the VIP from BVR.

...freakin' awesome idea :lol:

Do flamethrowers even do enough damage?? Don't they have 20-40 hit points?
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

Relays take burn damage and the ceiling can fall on them. At least so it appears from the OP.
ArchmageMC

Post by ArchmageMC »

Relays take 0 flame damage, however the fire will destroy nearby scenery such as walls, floors, cover, ext... and this will destroy the relay as well for some reason.

If you want a safer way to do the relay, you can use a shinobi with fire grenades, the restealth would help a lot.
JLtheking

Post by JLtheking »

:o

*RUSHES TO EXPLOIT BEFORE IT IS PATCHED :lol: *

Seems to me like a vanilla thing. Something like the turrets being instakilled by destroying the tile beneath it? So perhaps it is the fire destroying the tile beneath the relay for some reason.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

ArchmageMC wrote:Relays take 0 flame damage, however the fire will destroy nearby scenery such as walls, floors, cover, ext... and this will destroy the relay as well for some reason.

If you want a safer way to do the relay, you can use a shinobi with fire grenades, the restealth would help a lot.
They count as scenery for some reason. Shortest Avenger Defense I ever had was when an Andromedon decided to walk through the EMP spike turn one. :)

Javelin rockets are great, but Holotarget/Steady Weapon is also viable for Sharpshooters. There's no reason the shot should be less than 100%. Unless the mission was detected so late that you can only get 1 or 2 people in, or your roster is so busy that that's all you can spare, sending one 1 soldier is wasting XP. The game will not divide XP by less than 3, so the other two shares are wasted. This is presumably to slow down the growth of classes that excel at solo work.
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

JLtheking wrote::o

Seems to me like a vanilla thing. Something like the turrets being instakilled by destroying the tile beneath it? So perhaps it is the fire destroying the tile beneath the relay for some reason.
Technically thats 100% working as intended. Turrets aren't meant to fall.
JLtheking

Post by JLtheking »

Valaska wrote:

Huh? It's definitely meant to fall through the ground in vanilla. IIRC in one of XCOM2's early preview streams Jake mentioned that grenades are awesome in one-shotting turrets.
Valaska

Post by Valaska »

JLtheking wrote:
Valaska wrote:

Huh? It's definitely meant to fall through the ground in vanilla. IIRC in one of XCOM2's early preview streams Jake mentioned that grenades are awesome in one-shotting turrets.
Yeah that's what I mean, Turrets physically are not meant to take a fall so if they fall down they break lol.