Gas Station + Car + 2 advent pods + Sapper Grenadier = Armageddon

Share strategy and tips here.
pescadorparrudo

Gas Station + Car + 2 advent pods + Sapper Grenadier = Armageddon

Post by pescadorparrudo »

Seriously, i just cant believe what i just did.

Im currently on my 4th try of commander ironman campaign of long war 2, and its hard as hell.

So i got a column mission with advent strenght numbers already at the mark of 6. I knew it woud be hard, to say the least.

Trying to set an ambush, i realized the advent troops got together in a way so beautiful that words cannot fully describe: next to a gas station and 2 cars at each side.

I knew that was my chance of killing something like 4 aliens instantly. But boy, i was wrong.

I use a mod that counts kills, and it sometimes register the kill a little bit before it actually takes place in the action cam. I had just ordered the grenadier to launch the grenade, and then this happened:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8 kills. Freaking awesome. Never saw something like that, and i play xcom a LOT. :D
Last edited by pescadorparrudo on Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trihero

Re: Gas Station + Car + 2 advent pods + Sapper Grenadier = Armaggedon

Post by trihero »

That's cool!

That's the one tradeoff to the improved AI; even though they prefer high cover, they do so at the cost of bunching up more than in vanilla. In vanilla I think they always tried hardest to spread out more than respecting type of cover.
jztemple

Re: Gas Station + Car + 2 advent pods + Sapper Grenadier = Armageddon

Post by jztemple »

pescadorparrudo wrote:I use a mod that counts kills, and it sometimes register the kill a little bit before it actually takes place in the action cam.
What mod is that? I'm always on the lookout for a good UI mod :D
JLtheking

Post by JLtheking »

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... t=Kill+UI+

It's good! You ain't cheating because all the information presented you already know on pod reveals / shadow chamber. It just keeps it in track for you :)
pescadorparrudo

Post by pescadorparrudo »

JLtheking wrote:https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... t=Kill+UI+

It's good! You ain't cheating because all the information presented you already know on pod reveals / shadow chamber. It just keeps it in track for you :)
exactly! its a nice mod to keep track of your kills during mission 8-)