Neutralize Target question

Share strategy and tips here.
trihero

Neutralize Target question

Post by trihero »

Is there any difference between capturing vs killing the VIP? I do not see any difference - I did the mission both ways and immediately after you get the network tower coordinates. I don't see any resource difference either on the end screen it just says VIP captured vs VIP killed. Does it affect anything like advent strength? I have no idea.
dodger

Re: Neutralize Target question

Post by dodger »

The mission will list two rewards. You get the first for a kill and both for a capture. The second is often a lead towards liberating the region so you really want those.
dodger

Post by dodger »

The mission will list two rewards. You get the first for a kill and both for a capture. The second is often a lead towards liberating the region so you really want those. Seems like a bug if you get the tower even after a kill.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Success is a capture or kill, just like the objectives say. A capture gives some nice bonus but isn't required.
trihero

Post by trihero »

johnnylump wrote:Success is a capture or kill, just like the objectives say. A capture gives some nice bonus but isn't required.
What is the bonus? Like I said earlier, I did the same mission both ways (save/load) and immediately after I got the network coordinates, and I didn't see any "nice bonus." Am I missing something?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

On the Liberation sequence, it's an increase in your regional contact capacity.
trihero

Post by trihero »

Interesting. Why is this not listed explicitly?

Also, what is the bonus for missions that only award intel?

I believe you get all rewards that are listed on the mission screen, contrary to what the other poster said, but that there is some hidden bonus like the dev is saying for capturing o.O