Any benefit to inflitrating HQ above 100%?

Share strategy and tips here.
Dagless

Any benefit to inflitrating HQ above 100%?

Post by Dagless »

In my first attempt, infiltrating my first HQ to 200% with a 10 man team took a really long time, forcing me to skip a bunch of supply raids and other useful missions I would have taken if I didn't have the best part of two squads with me.

This brought the activity down from swarming to swarming.

So did it make any difference? Had I have taken the mission early, would it have been off-the-chart, really, really swarming, or about the same?
Danari

Re: Any benefit to inflitrating HQ above 100%?

Post by Danari »

I would also like to know this, my rating also stayed at swarming and the mission was incredibly dense with Advent.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Yes, it still helps. Swarming just means > 35 (or so) aliens, so if you've infil'd and reduced 42 to 38 it still helped -- we sort of ran out of words to describe all the gradations of enemy activity. It will help more in 1.1 as I've added a bunch of schedules to make things more granular. Infil also affect enemy detection range and evac time.
Dagless

Post by Dagless »

Thanks.

So definitely a case of diminishing returns, then. Not sure I'd really notice another 4 advent in that lot. Unless those 4 happen to be their top troops.

Last time I ballsed up by not knowing how to unlock mag weapons (I did the HQ mission with lasers and Kevlar). Then wasted time doing basic engineering research and a bunch of other autopsies and resources on the proving ground for projects I couldn't really afford. It was OK for the HQ, but shortly after I just found myself totally out gunned.

Went back to a previous save and this time saved the network tower mission and tried to take the pressure off the home region by doing missions elsewhere and putting half the haven into hiding.

Hasn't worked though. Advent strength has risen from 6 (I think) to 9. Is that a major problem for these two missions?
trihero

Post by trihero »

Infil also affect enemy detection range and evac time.
Oh crap it affects detection range, did not know that! O.o