Liberation Cycle.. revealed

Share strategy and tips here.
Zyxpsilon

Liberation Cycle.. revealed

Post by Zyxpsilon »

For those like me who have been somehow puzzled by the required duo of Missions leading to Liberation.
:idea:
Here's a quick snapshot of two ingame images that reveals the whole principle.

Meaning -- pay extra attention to such tiny details... it will smooth out the mind-storms while you wait for obvious evidences. And yes.. there's more to do after that initial pair of minimal steps.

:geek:
Jj001

Re: Liberation Cycle.. revealed

Post by Jj001 »

Could you go into more detail?
Thank you!
Pawnman

Post by Pawnman »

Jj001 wrote:Could you go into more detail?
Thank you!
For players who don't want the whole Liberation cycle completely spoiled Stop reading this reply (well, also you shouldn't have even clicked the topic to begin with). Anyways, onwards!!

Liberating a Region is a chain of 5 missions! a Play tester / youtuber Xwynns just calls them liberation 1-5.

Liberation 1 - is a hacking Guerrilla Op, now the mission objectives won't actually have the word "liberation" in the title. But you can tell Liberation 1 from the rewards. It will just be a certain amount of Intel (with no Intel package, very important)
Liberation 2 - Is the mission you see in the screen-shot provided by Zyxpsilon. It's a VIP mission with the Objectives "Liberation: Rescue a defector."
Liberation 3 - Now, I've seen 2 possible mission types for Lib3! One is a Dark VIP mission (which seems to be more common) and I've also seen it be a Destroy a relay mission. Either mission type you get will have the "liberation" as part of the objective. Now do take note, Lib3 will also have an Advent strength bonus (above the regional base) for this one, meaning the baseline activity will be a decent amount higher as well as the tech you'll be facing. So go in nice and prepared for this one.
Liberation 4/5 - will be self explanatory once you get there. It's always the Regional network tower followed by a HQ assault. These 2 missions will not expire once you unlock them thus can be attempted at anytime! Again, these receive Strength bonuses and are in General very difficult missions! If you do either of these early game I do recommend that you're at least at Laser weapon tier as well as potentially Combat armor!
dodger

Post by dodger »

Is the description for the pips on the havens screen at right above correct?

I have two pips at New Arctic and no missions there except what is step 5 in the liberation process.

I have 1 pip in West Asia where I currently only have an alien relay quest to find a lead, but it also shows Intel Package?

Doesn't seem to match up to the above description.
redscare

Post by redscare »

Pawnman wrote:
Jj001 wrote:Could you go into more detail?
Thank you!
For players who don't want the whole Liberation cycle completely spoiled Stop reading this reply (well, also you shouldn't have even clicked the topic to begin with). Anyways, onwards!!

Liberating a Region is a chain of 5 missions! a Play tester / youtuber Xwynns just calls them liberation 1-5.

Liberation 1 - is a hacking Guerrilla Op, now the mission objectives won't actually have the word "liberation" in the title. But you can tell Liberation 1 from the rewards. It will just be a certain amount of Intel (with no Intel package, very important)
Liberation 2 - Is the mission you see in the screen-shot provided by Zyxpsilon. It's a VIP mission with the Objectives "Liberation: Rescue a defector."
Liberation 3 - Now, I've seen 2 possible mission types for Lib3! One is a Dark VIP mission (which seems to be more common) and I've also seen it be a Destroy a relay mission. Either mission type you get will have the "liberation" as part of the objective. Now do take note, Lib3 will also have an Advent strength bonus (above the regional base) for this one, meaning the baseline activity will be a decent amount higher as well as the tech you'll be facing. So go in nice and prepared for this one.
Liberation 4/5 - will be self explanatory once you get there. It's always the Regional network tower followed by a HQ assault. These 2 missions will not expire once you unlock them thus can be attempted at anytime! Again, these receive Strength bonuses and are in General very difficult missions! If you do either of these early game I do recommend that you're at least at Laser weapon tier as well as potentially Combat armor!
What I thought so far after reading multiple threads was that:
-Liberation 1 MUST have the "find a lead". The lead can then reveal something to scan in the map for some reward (supplies, engineer, rookies...), or nothing. When you get nothing you are on the right track as it means "Liberation 2" mission unlocked and can now appear. I don't know where Xwynns get the "no intel package bit". It though you were fine as long as it had the "find a lead" line.

-Liberation 2 is not necessarily a Defector mission. Seems there are a couple mission types for "liberation 2". This I've only read about it, I must say I've only seen Defector missions in my game so far so maybe he/you are right.

-Agree with everything said for Lib 3/4/5.

But I may be very well mistaken, so please feel free to correct me!!
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

Thanks, this is really helpful.

Question: What happens if you kill the Dark VIP on a liberation mission? Does it count for keeping the cycle going?

I just had one of these (no idea if liberation based) and the sneaky bastard was hiding upstairs, which I didn't realise until too late. I also screwed up in that I didn't leave enough time for my gunner to get out, so I just had him go upstairs and kill the dude and then just wait for capture (what, he cussed my mum, no jury will convict).
Pawnman

Post by Pawnman »

redscare wrote: What I thought so far after reading multiple threads was that:
-Liberation 1 MUST have the "find a lead". The lead can then reveal something to scan in the map for some reward (supplies, engineer, rookies...), or nothing. When you get nothing you are on the right track as it means "Liberation 2" mission unlocked and can now appear. I don't know where Xwynns get the "no intel package bit". It though you were fine as long as it had the "find a lead" line.

-Liberation 2 is not necessarily a Defector mission. Seems there are a couple mission types for "liberation 2". This I've only read about it, I must say I've only seen Defector missions in my game so far so maybe he/you are right.

-Agree with everything said for Lib 3/4/5.

But I may be very well mistaken, so please feel free to correct me!!
Yes, everything I've said is just from what I've seen or experienced myself... Or from Xwynns who seems to be incredibly knowledgeable :D
So I may be misinformed on some of the matters.

About Liberation 1, from what I've heard from Xwynns the "leads" your getting in "Find a Lead" mission are either... well... leading you to Liberation 2 or you're gathering the "Intel package." And Intel packages either equate to a POI (which will be 100% of the time in the first couple of months) or will grant you a facility lead. That's why the Lead missions without the Intel package as the reward are Liberation 1. Because the "lead" = Intel package on the others, when the "lead" without = Liberation Intel.

As for Liberatoin 2, you may very well be right! I just haven't seen anything else other than Defector missions myself, so again I may not be right... But hey! RNG Amirite :P
profDEADPOOL

Post by profDEADPOOL »

How do I view the resistance overview you have on the right in that image?
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

It's the room in the top left of the Avenger (Command.... something?) - there's a new button there that says "Resistance Management".

You don't get pips beyond the first two because you don't need them to figure out where you are in the chain - if you have 2 pips you either have Lib 3 next (in which case you need to detect it) or you have Lib 4/5 next (in which case it's automatically on the map). So the additional pips are not necessary because your available missions will immediately tell you where you are in the chain.

EDIT: Killing the Dark VIP counts as mission success, so it will progress the chain. You won't get the extra reward though, which is often something juicy like Resistance Contact slots.
Olin

Post by Olin »

Did you figure out what is the purpose of boosting inflitration for the tower mission or HQ attack? I was doing the tower mission that was classified as light at 100% inflitration. I did the inflitration to 150%, it was still light, then boosted it with intel aaaand....stil the advent strenght was classified as light. Nothing changed except estimated evac time. Although I don't even know if you can call evac on this mission.

EDIT: I Take back what I said. At advent strenght lvl 3 I inflitrated HQ up to 200% and the strenght lvl changed from swarming to very heavy.
So the infiltration makes some difference.
Last edited by Olin on Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

You can call evac but it is just abandoning the mission. Better than everyone dead if it goes bad.