Are these actually in the game?
TheCiroth

Re: Radio Relays and Continent Bonus?

Post by TheCiroth »

Yes, once you get radio relays research they show up
Sooty

Post by Sooty »

How do you build them though? It doesn't show as an option even after the research is build unlike vanilla...
TheCiroth

Post by TheCiroth »

You build them in the Haven Management window. Upper left corner
dodger

Post by dodger »

Upper RIGHT corner of haven management, and they only show up if you click on the Haven icon from the gameboard map.

The button to add them is not there if you open the Haven management from the Command menu within the Avenger (possible bug?).
NephilimNexus

Post by NephilimNexus »

Do they provide any bonus besides reduced intel for connecting? Because even building one costs more supply than the frikkin' shadow chamber. Which seems kind of silly for a kitbashed pile of metal that would look more at home in Fallout than in XCOM.
TheCiroth

Post by TheCiroth »

The continents bonuses are still in effect. So you still need 1 or two in each area to get them.
PropheticShadeZ

Post by PropheticShadeZ »

NephilimNexus wrote:Do they provide any bonus besides reduced intel for connecting? Because even building one costs more supply than the frikkin' shadow chamber. Which seems kind of silly for a kitbashed pile of metal that would look more at home in Fallout than in XCOM.
they also make missions easier, by making the intel job more effective, giving you more time to infiltrate
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

The resistance radios are far more complex than they outwardly appear. The radio transmitter itself is irrelevant, the guts of the thing are the computer system that links up with the ADVENT network and disguises its transmissions among all the other comm traffic. That's what Tygan spent a week working out the design for, and why it takes days and a fair bit of resources to build a new one.
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

One thing that confused me at first is that your starting region already has a tower but it doesn't provide any of the bonuses.

So you can't seem to build a tower in your starting region AND you need to build one in another region to get your starting continent bonus.

Maybe I'm bugged, but it's been that way in all my campaigns so far.
trihero

Post by trihero »

GavinRuneblade wrote:One thing that confused me at first is that your starting region already has a tower but it doesn't provide any of the bonuses.

So you can't seem to build a tower in your starting region AND you need to build one in another region to get your starting continent bonus.

Maybe I'm bugged, but it's been that way in all my campaigns so far.
Wot? Usually the continent you start in requires 2 towers, but the game counts your starting region as one, so you only need to build 1 more in another region to get your starting continent bonus.
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

That could be, but based on supplies and intel I'm definitely not getting the increase that a tower should be giving.

Though I didn't check post 1.1, I should retest this tonight after work.