Dark events expiring

Share strategy and tips here.
marco.costa

Dark events expiring

Post by marco.costa »

Do they ever? I've got like 8 active going into the 2nd month, and if they don't, how do I deactivate them? Playing on Legend.
LordYanaek

Re: Dark events expiring

Post by LordYanaek »

Welcome to the forum :)

Some dark event will wear off naturally, usually after one month.

Others (usually they are labeled as tactical dark events but i think not all of them are) are permanent. When you see the missions, i think you can tell the difference because missions that counter normal dark events are labeled "Disrupt Advent Counterinsurgency" or something similar while missions against permanent DE are labeled "Disrupt Advent R&D" or something close. Of course, this is only useful if you actually see those missions. Playing on Veteran i've got 6 Tactical DE pass before i got a chance to try and counter a single one but i finally had a mission to counter them so they are not impossible to counter but maybe very hard (you need a lot of rebels on Intel job)

You are playing on legend, is it your first run? If so i really think you should try on a lower difficulty. Legend is not supposed to be easy to beat, nor even possible on your first run. If everyone could beat the highest difficulty on their first run, this would defeat the purpose of difficulty levels.

have a look at the threads here and in the Long War 201 sub-forum for some strategic and tactical advises if you have troubles with missions, infiltration, haven management. Long War 2 is a different game and the first thing you need to do to master it is unlearn your XCom2 strategies.
PropheticShadeZ

Re: Dark events expiring

Post by PropheticShadeZ »

marco.costa wrote:Do they ever? I've got like 8 active going into the 2nd month, and if they don't, how do I deactivate them? Playing on Legend.
look for disrupt advent R&D missions, and you can fight it a little, but yea it can get a little insane