Should i boost infiltration from HQ Assault

Share strategy and tips here.
wei270

Should i boost infiltration from HQ Assault

Post by wei270 »

i am about to conduct an HQ assault mission which is at 100% should i boost it with intel to 150%

because boosting to 150 is still gonna be another swarming mission would it make any difference between 100% swarming and 150% swarming? or potentialy 0% swarming on some other mission like supply raid? other then the benefit in detection rang and evac time because i don't feel those two thing are that important to HQ assaults.

on a side note do advent forces converge on your evac flare once you place them? if that is the case can you use that mechanic to potentially draw out alien forces in to setup kill zone in the HQ assault mission?
aimlessgun

Re: Should i boost infiltration from HQ Assault

Post by aimlessgun »

I don't think they care about your flare.

Infiltration boost isn't worth it to go from 100 to 150 IMO. It can be worthwhile to go from 67% to 100% because it saves a lot of time, if you need your A team for other stuff or ADVENT strength in the region is rising.
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

I know patrols seem to converge on the flare, but immobile objective defenders seem to ignore it. Dunno about other pods for certain.
Kizaray

Post by Kizaray »

Yes and no. It depends on the squad you bring. If your squad can take it leave it at 100%. For instance if you have tons of crowd control like a sniper with serial and technicians with good rocket perks you want lots of baddies because you get to keep all the corpses for amazing cash later. You will just have to take it slow and give the op skills time to cooldown. Once i took on a hq with like 50% infiltration. It went flawlessly because i had 2 snipers with serial and my best team to hold the line. The mission took over an hour but by the end i sold all the bodies for around 500+ supplies. Good luck
Goumindong

Post by Goumindong »

Kizaray wrote:Yes and no. It depends on the squad you bring. If your squad can take it leave it at 100%. For instance if you have tons of crowd control like a sniper with serial and technicians with good rocket perks you want lots of baddies because you get to keep all the corpses for amazing cash later. You will just have to take it slow and give the op skills time to cooldown. Once i took on a hq with like 50% infiltration. It went flawlessly because i had 2 snipers with serial and my best team to hold the line. The mission took over an hour but by the end i sold all the bodies for around 500+ supplies. Good luck
Don't you need 100% to launch against an HQ?
Kizaray

Post by Kizaray »

Yes you do, i was mistaking it for a supply raid when i said i went at 50%. My bad lol
trihero

Post by trihero »

Infiltration on HQ doesn't seem to do very much. I went in at 100% and had 38 enemies. I went in at 200% and 40 enemies. If your squad can handle 38, it can probably handle up to 50. And you bring the corpses home mind you, so the more the merrier.