Which missions have RNFs?

Share strategy and tips here.
trihero

Which missions have RNFs?

Post by trihero »

I should know by now, but I don't and I don't see it listed on ufopedia for instance. I was pretty sure for instance that the neutralize vips has reinforcements, but then when I played it, it didn't (or maybe they're called after the vip is killed/captured?). Do all hacking missions have rnfs? It'd be great to have a comprehensive list and when rnfs come. On a jailbreak I felt like the rnfs started being called in after I blew concealment, but is that always true or only when you hack the objective? (note I don't care about doom reinforcements on avatar missions, I'm perfectly aware of those, I'm asking about normal missions)
8wayz

Re: Which missions have RNFs?

Post by 8wayz »

The following missions have SubSystem_ContinuousRNF attached to them, meaning that they will start few turns after you break concealment:
From XComMissions.ini

Code: Select all

MissionFamily="Recover_LW"
- RecoverItem_LW
- RecoverItemADV_LW
- RecoverItemTrain_LW
- RecoverItemVehicle_LW

MissionFamily="Hack_LW"
- HackWorkstation_LW
- HackWorkstationADV_LW
- HackWorkstationTrain_LW

MissionFamily="DestroyObject_LW"
- DestroyRelay_LW

MissionFamily="Extract_LW"
- ExtractVIP_LW
- RescueVIP_LW
- RescueVIPVehicle_LW

MissionFamily="Sabotage_LW"
- SabotageAlienFacility_LW

MissionFamily="Invasion_LW"
- Invasion_LW

MissionFamily="SabotageCC_LW"
- SabotageAdventMonument_LW

MissionFamily="GoldenPath1_LW"
- AdventFacilityBLACKSITE_LW
- AdventFacilityFORGE_LW

MissionFamily="Jailbreak_LW"
- Jailbreak_LW
- SmashNGrab_LW

MissionFamily="AssaultNetworkTower_LW"
- AssaultNetworkTower_LW

MissionFamily="IntelRaid_LW"
- IntelRaid_LW

MissionFamily="RecruitRaid_LW" 
- RecruitRaid_LW

The following missions have SubSystem_ChanceBasedRNF attached to them, meaning probably that there is extra coding involved to make that mission work with specific reinforcements:

MissionFamily="ProtectDevice_LW"

Any other missions do not have reinforcements, including HQ Assault, to my surprise.

From personal experience any mission that has a strategic objective will always call an extra pod when you hack/take the objective. I am not sure whether that is chance based though.
Last edited by 8wayz on Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
trihero

Post by trihero »

I'm a little bit surprised/puzzled by some of those on the list.

For instance extract vip from the city, I'm quite used to doing this with solo shinobi and never seeing any reinforcements despite going like 12 turns. Is this because I don't "break concealment?" Is breaking concealment synonymous to "engaging the enemy?" I.e. reinforcements on an extract vip from city where you don't start with concealment and say you have no shinobi, it counts from when you engage an enemy?

Also I did not know that about sabotage monument/intel raids. Have you guys experienced RNFS on those missions?

It does explain the neutralize vip not having any RNFs since it's not on the list at least.
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

Continious reinforcements work in two ways:

- If there is a strategic objective on the map on a soft timer (meaning that it will stop once you interact with the objective), their countdown will activate only when you break concealment and have taken the objective. For example Hack Relay.

- If not, the countdown will start right after you break concealment.

I have had reinforcements both on sabotage monument and Intel raids. They are rare though, as both missions usually are quite bloody and fast to finish.

On Concealment - if you break it but do not engage any pod on the map, the countdown will technically start but not progress. Case in point, Destroy relay with a Sharpshooter and a Shinobi spotter. The Sniper breaks concealment to shoot from afar, but no reinforcements come even after 6 turns of shooting at the relay.

I guess this is tied to the Alert variable that has to add to 1 for reinforcements to be called. If none of the pods are on Alert, they will be nothing to add to the Alert variable. :)
aimlessgun

Post by aimlessgun »

Really interesting thanks.
8wayz wrote: Any other missions do not have reinforcements, including HQ Assault, to my surprise.
My explanation for that is because the HQ is where the reinforcements on other missions come from!