LW3

Share strategy and tips here.
PAULOEL7

LW3

Post by PAULOEL7 »

Hi commanders!

It seems there was no topic for the next LW version improvement suggestions, so here we are.

First contribution: to create a proving ground project to allow AWC retraining specific abilities ONLY. This is really relevant and desirable later in the game, instead of having to burry a master sergeant soldier for a whole month only because of one or two perks.

Another potential change regards Marksmans (snapshot sharpshooters): to "alleviate" aim penalties for squad-sight shots and perhaps reconsider precision-shot two movement requirement - or not, since this may be overcome with high mobility (soldier natural stats and/or speed PCS) coupled with sidearm holster (fir those using Grimy's Loot + Mod Everything MODs) or command? Problem is to allow for balanced options without tons of mods that hamper game performance ;-)

Alike these, you surely have several other worthy suggestions towards LW3 or even next Firaxis DLC.

Hope this thread eventually reaches developers, and prove good food for thought.

Cheers!
PAULOEL7

Re: LW3

Post by PAULOEL7 »

Another on, much simpler: to be able to choose between free and regular reloads.
Undershaft

Post by Undershaft »

The topic / title is misleading. LW3 would be a mod for XCOM 3, which is still a twinkle in Jake Solomon's eye.
You mean patch 1.2 or 1.3.
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

PAULOEL7 wrote:Another on, much simpler: to be able to choose between free and regular reloads.
There's already a mod that provides this.

Free Reload Anytime
seananigans

Post by seananigans »

Jacke wrote:
PAULOEL7 wrote:Another on, much simpler: to be able to choose between free and regular reloads.

Free Reload Anytime
Oooooooh, is this confirmed LW2 compatible and it doesn't mess with anything? Because oh my god, do I want this choice. Seems absurd to not have it.
Napalm292

Post by Napalm292 »

No issues using Free Reload Anytime with LW2 here. With the reload upgrade installed, I get a tactical button labeled reload and a separate one for free reload.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

seananigans wrote:
Jacke wrote:

Free Reload Anytime
Oooooooh, is this confirmed LW2 compatible and it doesn't mess with anything? Because oh my god, do I want this choice. Seems absurd to not have it.
The normal reload erroneously colors green, but it otherwise works correctly.
PAULOEL7

Post by PAULOEL7 »

Indeed, thanks!
Current status is War of the Chosen release and Pavonis being uncertain on whether to follow up with an updated LW version.
About mods I did find that one amongst others I was coveting, and now am tweaking their .ini here and there. My list:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... olor=black