I think i'm losing...

Share strategy and tips here.
infidel901

I think i'm losing...

Post by infidel901 »

Avatar project is 5 bumps away from completion. But the problem is that the aliens keep wiping out my havens. They have 10, 9, 8 strength in multiple areas, and most of the troop convoy missions are coming in at less than 2 days infil, with heavy baseline numbers.

Is there a way to turn this around?
trihero

Re: I think i'm losing...

Post by trihero »

How far along are you in the objective missions?

The first two (blacksite and forge) are easily won by stealth shinobis with conceal.

The third one (gate) requires a high man team to do safely, but it shouldn't be hard to find the resources to get one good team together for this one mission (which you'll probably be sending on the final missions anyways).
Last edited by trihero on Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elder_Basilisk

Post by Elder_Basilisk »

By third one, do you mean codex coordinates?
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Yes, 3rd mission is the Gate/Codex Coordinates.
It's actually called "Secure the Psionic Gate" on the world map but the objective is "Complete the Codex Brain Coordinates Mission"
infidel901 wrote: Is there a way to turn this around?
In addition to main quest progress it would be interesting to know what's your tech level (especially weapon/armor), what's the in-game date and how many MSgt ranked soldiers you have.
infidel901 wrote:most of the troop convoy missions are coming in at less than 2 days infil, with heavy baseline numbers.
Do you mean Troop Column (green missions on small town maps) or Supply Convoy (red missions on wilderness maps). The first ones are hard with low infiltration due to small map size and usually show with reasonable timers if you have enough rebels on intel. The Supply Convoy rarely show with more than 3 days but can be done even on low infiltration with a good squad (high rank soldiers with good weapons).

You can avoid retaliations completely if you keep only 4 active rebels (provided Faceless don't cause issues). Obviously it will limit your ability to find missions or gather supplies but if you have a stock of corpses to sell and just need some time to finish the objectives it can be an option.

Note that even if you loose all your havens, you can still win but of course you'll have to live on your reserves!