Failed Rendezvous, now zero Resistance Members

Share strategy and tips here.
Matticus

Failed Rendezvous, now zero Resistance Members

Post by Matticus »

Loving LW2, trying hard not to save scum but now I'm in a spot that I'm worried is "broken"

Had my first really tough Rendezvous mission. Haven Advisor was a badly equipped Gunner, plus only TWO resistance members volunteered to fight. Naturally, got wiped out by faceless. Okay, I can live with a failed mission.

But now the region has Zero resistance members left. Therefore, no one to work the Recruit task. I'm worried it becomes a dead region for rest of the game. Will resistance members recruit/spawn there over time even without someone working Recruit task?
Tuhalu

Re: Failed Rendezvous, now zero Resistance Members

Post by Tuhalu »

Put a Soldier in there as the Haven Advisor. They have some recruiting ability of their own and can amplify the abilities of any guys you do recruit and put on recruiting (the higher the Soldiers rank, the better the effect).

Obviously, you might want to consider giving your Haven Advisor some OK equipment to ensure that you can survive another run in with Faceless.

You might also note that you don't have to actually fight out a Rendevouz if you think you are going to lose. If you load up the mission and then immediately evac, you'll miss out on the advent/faceless corpses, but retain the lives of your rebels and advisor.
Goldenmonkey

Post by Goldenmonkey »

Yep, a soldier as advisor can recruit on his own. Also, the avenger counts as 4 resistance members if you scan in the region, but afaik only as intel. This would give you the chance to find jail break missions.

If a rendezvous seems too hard, just evac out. The faceless will be gone (even though there seems to be confusion about wether you need to activate them or not) from the region. You miss out on the corpses and your scannign progress is reset. Better than losing all of your guys though...
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

Matticus wrote:Haven Advisor was a badly equipped Gunner, plus only TWO resistance members volunteered to fight.
You can't control how many rebels show up, but you can control who you put in as Advisor and how they're geared. It's why I like using Technicals. And always go over an Advisor's gear before assigning them. There's no timer, so always always always completely recce the map. There will be a fixed pod near the Faceless and a roaming pod. Know what enemy are where. Like others have said, if there are too many for the force you have, find a distance corner and evac out.
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

For the seemingly impossible Rendezvous I go and find the Faceless pod, throw Evac flare in sight of it (while out of sight of the pod), so that when Evac arrives, I dash in visual range of the traitor, he transforms and I evac the hell out of there.
Matticus

Post by Matticus »

Thanks gang. Gives me hope that I can continue without save scum, and also a survival method for next time!