Asia Balance

Share strategy and tips here.
Ithuriel

Asia Balance

Post by Ithuriel »

Is there any point in trying to get the Asia continent bonus in general? It seems seriously flawed to me that Asia takes twice the resources (2x towers, 4x regions) to get the continent bonus as some other continents, but has the exact same bonus options... wouldn't it seem more reasonable to either restrict the more powerful bonii to Asia, or failing that to buff the bonii to be more equal? Hot-swapping PCS's and having a 4th upgrade slot for weapons is absurdly more powerful than -20% price to Black Market bonuses- and it's absurd if Europe can random the former while Asia randoms the latter.
Kharneth

Re: Asia Balance

Post by Kharneth »

Asia only needs one more region than North America or Africa, it is no much more, because you need contact regions anyway.

But agree in the bonus balance. I will like two different pools of bonus, one for the two radio relays continent and one for the one radio relay
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

I don't think continent bonuses are really even that important. The time and resources you spend trying to get them is time/resources not spent completing the campaign. Most of them are actually a net loss while some others are bit harder to compare directly, but in most cases I think your often better off putting the time/resources into completing the campaign.

It's not like with LW1 where you got continent bonuses simply as a matter of just playing the game. Grabbing continents doesn't really provide any other advantage. And I don't see any of them as being all that valuable that I would go out of my way to get them.

And I don't think the hot-swapping PCS or 4th weapon slot is really that valuable. Maybe the one bonus I would go out of my way for is Spy Ring.
seananigans

Post by seananigans »

If I had my way, I'd see the 4th weapon slot and PCS hot-swap integrated into the Proving Grounds in some way, and then see the entire continent bonus pool revamped. Make them all the same general style of bonus. Not the above, where you're like OMG I NEED THAT!! But also not something so mundane as free rookies, or black market cash incentives. It'd require a bit of brainstorming, but I think people could come up with some solid continent boni that work well somewhere in between the aforementioned styles.

Or who knows, maybe an emulation of EU/EW's satellite system, (cash bonus proportionate to region income). Once you collect an entire continent, each region in the continent now gives 2 invisible supply personnel worth of supply each month, and this can't be messed with short of losing the continent somehow. This is self-balancing with continent size, and would make radio towers a long-term investment that actually paid off, whereas currently they really only pay off in the two first mentioned boni -- weapon slots and PCS swapping. Of course, this might also need to be paired with ensuring the campaign actually is a Long War... in both iterations of this mod, I always though ending the campaign in shorter than 1 calendar year was silly. Some people are finishing LW2 in 6-8 months, and in those scenarios continent bonuses are just completely irrelevant and never worthwhile, similar to most PG projects.
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

seananigans wrote:If I had my way, I'd see the 4th weapon slot and PCS hot-swap integrated into the Proving Grounds in some way....
The mod Advanced Modular Weapons turns the 4th weapon slot into a Proving Grounds project.
seananigans

Post by seananigans »

Jacke wrote:
seananigans wrote:If I had my way, I'd see the 4th weapon slot and PCS hot-swap integrated into the Proving Grounds in some way....
The mod Advanced Modular Weapons turns the 4th weapon slot into a Proving Grounds project.
Yup