What are your ways to manage black market/render?

Share strategy and tips here.
josna238

What are your ways to manage black market/render?

Post by josna238 »

I would like to know the way in what experienced players manage the materiel. What things do you never sell?
What things are sold instantly?, How and when render things, and which?. Do you wait for instant autopsies? etc.

At the moment I don't know if I am doing well I am not selling anything if market is not interested. except elerium, alloys and cores that I never sell. And I haven't just rendered a single body yet.
stefan3iii

Re: What are your ways to manage black market/render?

Post by stefan3iii »

I avoid selling elerium and alloys, they become bottlenecks in the mid and late game for equipment.

Muton elite corpses are really valuable as they make carapace armor and dragon rounds, though the game is usually over by then anyway.

If elerium cores are in demand early then I sell all of them, this is a jackpot.

Most other corpses and autopsy research just aren't very special. You need trooper and officer autopsies for proving ground and incendiary grenades. I do save corpses for research but only when I have more supplies than I can efficiently use.
LeaderEnemyBoss

Post by LeaderEnemyBoss »

I usually try to save up larger corpse piles to wait for that "jackpot" when they are in demand. With some tricks the odds for this happening in one or two months is actually pretty high. See here: http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... ack+market. There is also a mod by me, that makes this process less tedious.
josna238

Post by josna238 »

Does anybody render corpses?
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

I think i've only ever rendered a single trooper corpse early to get the 2 alloys you need in addition to gatecrasher loot to do Hybrid Materials research.

I actually wish there was a way to disable/remove them. They really start to clutter up the screen. Not sure why it is even a thing. Trading corpses for alloys at the cost of research time seems like a bad trade. Especially when you can simply trade those same corpses for elerium on the market which is much more valuable.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

I rendered a number of faceless corpses and elerium cores in the late game of my commander campaign to get enough elerium to build late game techs (plasma weapon research and construction costs a lot of elerium crystals).
I never rendered for alloy.
KevlinTallfellow

Post by KevlinTallfellow »

Here's a mod that lets you see in the black market window what the items are used for, to make it easier to know whether or not you want to sell them:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =648410303
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

Unless I need the cash fast, I try to save enough bodies for instant autopsies. If any of the bodies become Very Interested then screw it, let the cash flow.

Bodies I like to keep (say, 8 saved up):

- ADVENT Officer: for incendiary grenades/bombs and skulljacks.
- Drone: for Gremlin II and Battle Scanners.
- Muton: Tactical Vest and Plasma grenades.
- All the late game enemies (archon, elite muton...): you get very few of those.

During lategame you might have enough scientists to make rendering complete super fast, that's when I turn my Trooper, Viper and Faceless bodies into Alloys and Elerium.