Is the Faceless Dark Event a "good" dark event?

Share strategy and tips here.
josna238

Is the Faceless Dark Event a "good" dark event?

Post by josna238 »

I received this dark event and in the following weeks I had a cascade of Rendezvous missions. In my opinion these missions are easy and give 6 to 10 corpses and 8 to 10 loots in average. That in my opinion worths the loss of a rebel. Even more on overcrowded regions.
Jacke

Re: Is the Faceless Dark Event a "good" dark event?

Post by Jacke »

You will also get Faceless on every other map. Every civilian could be a Faceless and you can't shoot them, only catch them in AoEs. Be real careful about civilians.
Alketi

Post by Alketi »

There are two Faceless dark events, one where they infiltrate the Haven, and one where they're placed on Guerrilla Ops.

The downside of the Haven Infiltration is that if you don't discover them to trigger a Rendezvous, they increase the likelihood of Retaliations. And, if you get a Haven Defense (save civilians) you'll discover them all as you try to save them and also fight reinforcements/enemies. Xavier had this happen twice. Not as much fun.
DonCrabio

Post by DonCrabio »

Last playthrough I trained Technical advisers for all my regions and this become very velcome source of additional loot and corpses, indeed.
josna238

Post by josna238 »

DonCrabio wrote:Last playthrough I trained Technical advisers for all my regions and this become very velcome source of additional loot and corpses, indeed.
This is my point. Although I abuse of DFA snipers and hunker/flashbang rebels. In a clean region all your rebels already working aren't faceless, so all the faceless that come after that won't be assigned on jobs and will be as hidden rebels just wanting for being detected and give free XP/Corpses/Loots.

If the 14th is rebel is useless but if the 14th man is a faceless it means a rendezvous mission.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

I'd say Haven Infiltrators is not a particularly good or bad event. The thing is, you might get lucky and just clean up all faceless all the time instantly... Or you might get unlucky and never get those damn faceless out of your havens. There's enough variation even with very high level haven advisors trained as officers that you are never garaunteed to spot even one faceless in a haven in a full month.
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

Can be mildly annoying if you're actually trying to grow your havens. Then there's the thing with Rendevouz triggering whenever...