When do the Proving Ground weapon upgrades worth?

Share strategy and tips here.
josna238

When do the Proving Ground weapon upgrades worth?

Post by josna238 »

As far as I know rhere are three levels in weapon upgrades, and when we have 3 of level 1 we can do a proving ground project to produce them. But I don't find it worthly.

I mean when I had the Proving Ground and could aford the resources I hardly ever used to wear upgrades below advanced level. So I don't find a good idea spending a bunch of supplies, cores and workshop days to get the posibility of build (wasting more supplies) a thing that I left unused months ago.

Does anybody do this project? If so, when and why?
DonCrabio

Re: When do the Proving Ground weapon upgrades worth?

Post by DonCrabio »

I never have enough advanced expanded magazines and scopes for all my guys. Then I liberated my 3rd region I was literally flowing in supplies. Why not use them to give advanced or even elite upgrades to all soldiers?
josna238

Post by josna238 »

DonCrabio wrote:I never have enough advanced expanded magazines and scopes for all my guys. Then I liberated my 3rd region I was literally flowing in supplies. Why not use them to give advanced or even elite upgrades to all soldiers?
¿Do they allow to build advanced and elite ones? In the description it says: "Scopes, Stocks, Supressors..." I thought it only alowwed to do level 1 upgrades.

If it is true it is a good point to keep 3 of a kind of level 1 and sell the rest (in my case I have tons of level 1 stock, laser and autoloader that never use...). And how much does them cost? I never did so don't know how much is an elite magazine or an advanced scope...
DonCrabio

Post by DonCrabio »

Research of basic upgrades unlock project for advanced ones, research of advanced upgrades unlock project for elite pieces. If I recall correctly elite ones cost 30 supplies each, but I may be wrong here. This is big sink of supplies, but if you have more than enough - why not use it?
josna238

Post by josna238 »

DonCrabio wrote:Research of basic upgrades unlock project for advanced ones, research of advanced upgrades unlock project for elite pieces. If I recall correctly elite ones cost 30 supplies each, but I may be wrong here. This is big sink of supplies, but if you have more than enough - why not use it?
Thanks for answer. Is good to know how does it work. It is interesting also if have the -33% proving ground bonus. This would do a great synergy with a fast liberation and vulture (to pick 3 of a kind soon).
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

josna238 wrote:Thanks for answer. Is good to know how does it work. It is interesting also if have the -33% proving ground bonus. This would do a great synergy with a fast liberation and vulture (to pick 3 of a kind soon).
The proving ground bonus is actually pretty amazing for the mod upgrades. As well as reducing the supply costs, it also reduces the number of mods you need to put in. So instead of needing 3 basic, advanced and superior/elite versions you only need 2 of each.