Science Strategy

Share strategy and tips here.
stefan3iii

Science Strategy

Post by stefan3iii »

I've spent some time figuring out how to get the tech you need efficiently in Legendary difficulty. August is key in my mind, because at that point you start running into huge bags of HP, and you really want to have coil guns to deal with them. Additionally, I think there are key techs that simply make the tactical game far easier, and the faster you get them the better.

To compare the research costs of various techs, I looked at the ini, every tech has a Research Point cost. I've converted those costs below into "Scientist Months (SCM)", which is the number of scientists required to research that tech in one month. So for example, Coilguns can be researched in 5 months by 1 scientist, or in 1 month by 5 scientists, or in 16 days by 10 scientists. These units of research cost make it easier to understand how many scientists you actually need.

Code: Select all

I picked some important and interesting techs that I might want by the end of August.
Tech						Cost (SCM)
Resistance Communications	0.3
Modular Weapons			0.2
Alien Biotech				0.4
Hybrid Materials			0.6
Lasers					1.1
Advanced Lasers			1.1
Combat Armor				1.5
Battle Armor				1.5
Trooper Autopsy			0.6
Officer Autopsy				1.1
Faceless Autopsy			1.1
Stun Lancer Autopsy		0.7
Advent Robotics			0.7
Mag Weapons				2.9
Advanced Mag Weapons		2.9
Resistance Radio			1.1
Elerium					2.8
Coilguns					5.0
Advanced Coilguns			5.0
Viper Autopsy				1.0
Sectoid Autopsy			0.8
Psionics					1.3

Total SCM Cost = 36.5
Some facts:
- Tygen is worth 2 scientists and you have him the entire game, so your minimum rate of research is 2 scientists.
- Each scientist is worth a ... scientist.
- Putting a scientist in a lab gives you an additional scientist.
- Putting a scientist in the AWC, Psi Lab, or as a Haven Leader prevents him from generating science.
- Each Basic Research you complete is worth a scientist.
Example: If you have 2 scientists, you'll generate a total of 4 SCM per month (Tygen + 2 scientists). If you have 4 scientists in a lab, you'll generate 10 SCM per month. If you move one of those scientists out of your lab into the AWC, you'll now only generate 8 SCM per month.

You can estimate how much SCM you will generate in the first 6 months. For example:
Low Science Strategy, 30 SCM: Get 1 scientist per month up to June, build lab at end of July, and slot all 4 scientists in.
Aggressive Science Strategy 45 SCM: Acquire 2 scientists in March/April, build lab in May and slot 4 scientists in it. Also research Basic Research immediate after Res Comms in March.

So focusing on science can generate about ~50% more research progress, how many scientists you have is important, and the sooner you get them the more research they generate over the course of the campaign. How you use your scientists is also very important, for example:
- Psi costs 2 SCM to acquire (Sectoid Autopsy + Psionics). If you have 2 scientists spend about 3 months helping train psions, then you'll have spent another 6 SCM. So if you go into Psi, expect to spend about 8 SCM out of your research budget. It's especially bad if you are taking a scientist out of the lab to put him into Psi, because then you're effectively losing 2 scientists. Be very sure you want to do Psi, it is very expensive strategically.
- Putting a scientist in the AWC for 3 months will cost 3 SCM, fairly significant. Again, if you have a lab, pulling a scientist out of the lab doubles this cost.
- Lasers are fairly cheap on science for what they do, costing about 2.2 SCM. It doesn't seem like there is much reason to skip lasers to save research time, it does however save supplies and a lot of elerium.
- Mag Rush costs 9 SCM total with all prereqs. A science focused strategy can unlock them in mid may.
- Exo Rush costs 4.5 SCM. This compares favorably with laser rush, which costs 3.7 SCM, but EXOs are much more expensive to build and you have to get lucky with an alloy hack or alloy intel package. Still EXOs into Mag Weapons seems like a very good strategy if you happen to stumble into a bunch of alloys early game.
- Researching Basic Research in March costs 1.5 SCM, but then provides 5 SCM, for a net gain of 3.5 SCM. It will however delay nanovests.
- SCM can be "converted" into intel by researching data pads. 0.3 SCM for ~23 intel for the first one, not sure how much it increments from there.

Finally, I wanted to look at the total cost of acquiring key tactical techs by the end of August. To get all the stuff below, in addition to the mandatory stuff (ex Res Comms, Res Radio), you need about 35 SCM.
Key Techs:
Hybrid Materials - Provides Nanovests, very good early game for preventing deaths. They're so cheap to build that I equip them on nearly every soldier.
Laser/Mag/Coil Weapons - This is pretty self explanatory. The most important boost to damage per turn.
Battle Armor (aka Exo Suits) - Still really powerful in 1.4, very good for doing AOE damage and stripping armor.
Officer Autopsy - Provides incendiary grenades, which is the best CC in the game and a great answer to big HP targets like mutons and officers.
Faceless Autopsy - Provides Stiletto rounds, and faceless corpses are reasonably accessible due to rendezvous missions. Stiletto rounds will boost the damage of your weapon almost an entire tier.
Stun Lancer Autopsy - Arc Blades/Ionic Axe.
Advent Robotics - Gremlin IIs for better hack chances. This is a cheap tech, almost certainly worth getting early.
Usually you want to do some corpse rendering, datapad research, and AWC healing, which further boosts your SCM costs. If you focus on science you can do all these things by August. The easiest way to get into trouble and fall behind is by not spending your science wisely, there are a lot of shiny techs that probably aren't worth it (Psi, Mobile Armor, various autopsies). Not saying those techs are bad, but you're probably not getting the return you need on investment when resources are so tight in the early and mid game. The other way to get into trouble is of course not generating enough research in the first place. You want to come out of March/April with 3-4 scientists, and you should aim to have a Lab with 4 scientists working in it by the beginning of June.
LordYanaek

Re: Science Strategy

Post by LordYanaek »

stefan3iii wrote: Some facts:
- Tygen is worth 2 scientists and you have him the entire game, so your minimum rate of research is 2 scientists.
- Each scientist is worth a ... scientist.
- Putting a scientist in a lab gives you an additional scientist.
- Putting a scientist in the AWC, Psi Lab, or as a Haven Leader prevents him from generating science.
- Each Basic Research you complete is worth a scientist.
I thought scientists had diminishing returns. Each additional scientist gives decreasing reduction in research time when you recruit them or put them in a lab :?
Antifringe

Post by Antifringe »

The research points stack linearly, which in turn causes the research time to decrease asymptotically. Three is 50% faster than two. Four is 33% faster than three. Etc.
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

From various experiments with optimal scaling of whatever happens to be available for "pure" research pace -- for me, it goes like this;

-- The very first BlackMarket transaction should include ONE Scientist & ONE Engineer purchase.. if lucky, you'll get the second of any or both with some early POI scan or Extract mission(s).

-- Avenger Faciilities build cycle.. GTS + LAB (with then 1-2-3-4 on staff.. asap!) + Power on 3rdRow/Coil (if you can't get *A* Power-POI early enough or your initial CB isn't --Hidden Reserves--) + First ResCom..L/R of + Workshop..in the middle of row#2 (these two are switchable in the calendar, btw -- Workshop/Gremlins are also pivotal for more & faster Region contacts) .... anything other (PG, AWC, PSI, SC, ResCom2, DM.. in whichever order you prefer!) comes crumbling down after each of the previously listed Facilities are active & ideally, fully staffed.

-- The most important Scientists are #6 & #7.. they both passively add favorable conditions to either PSI training or AWC healing needs .. BUT can also acccelerate Research if kept somewhat idled.

-- Build ShadowChamber on the 2nd Coil.

-- Can't really suggest WHAT & WHEN your research steps should exactly be.. since it's highly dependant on heavily randomized gameplay conditions or some specifically personal choices. Try keeping pace with Aliens Force/Strenght though. ;)

Finally.. whenever possible -- never skip missions offering either Scientists or Engineers.. specially in the early Months (MAR-APR-MAY-JUN) since just one more can be extremely advantageous to steady pacing of key gameplay elements incl. Research.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

I've largely come to the same conclusion that focusing on science is really the #1 priority above anything else, and getting to coil in a timely manner is of massive importance. Relying on RNG to get you there often does not work out and will likely leave you with inferior weapons and armor when the M2 and M3 units start to deploy.

The strategy I've been working on goes something like this.

In the opening, scan 4 days in the 1st region, then bounce off to the BM. Scanning more than that is kind of wasteful, if you don't have your two gops by then, you probably won't get good timers no matter what. Buy a scientist as soon as the BM pops. By then res comms is done and you can contact the 2nd region. After res comms go basic research, should be something like 15 days with the new sci, meaning you'll get basic research done around the time of the supply drop.

Once the supply drop hits, if I did not get a second sci in my first few gops, then I buy a second sci from the BM after the supply drop. After the 1st basic research I go Mod Weapons, then a second basic research. This does set things back a bit, but really pays for itself in getting to coil sooner. It's debatable whether the second one is worth it, but at this point in the game I often do not have the resources for buying things, so there's no point in rushing lasers/predator just yet. Once the second basic is done, usually around mid-april I push into lasers and armor before the M2s show up.

After that it largely depends on how things are going on the map. The choice in may seems to come down to Comms building vs Lab. Getting the lab is certainly important, but not being able to expand can also affect your ability to get more scientists, intel, POIs and resources. I think the biggest aspect is to balance expansion and research. Everything else is either dependent on these or benefits from them.
Dlareh

Post by Dlareh »

chrisb wrote:After the 1st basic research I go Mod Weapons, then a second basic research. This does set things back a bit, but really pays for itself in getting to coil sooner. It's debatable whether the second one is worth it, but at this point in the game I often do not have the resources for buying things, so there's no point in rushing lasers/predator just yet.
Balsy. Hmm I don't know, are you really delaying nanovests and AP ammo that long?

Plus I think rushing enough lasers to equip the shooters of two squads isn't that expensive, and the sooner you make that investment the more it will pay off for your best teams early on, while also remaining useful when they're handed down to lower ranked soldiers.

I tend to do my 2nd basic research at some point before mag weapons, if I don't have enough resources to build many mags yet.
Excitement continues to build as city centers across the globe prepare for the latest incarnation of Groundhog Day.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

stefan3iii wrote: - Tygen is worth 2 scientists and you have him the entire game, so your minimum rate of research is 2 scientists.
Just re-read this, isn't Tygan worth 3 sci? When you get your first sci it says it reduced research times by 33%, which would imply going from 360 -> 480 research not 240 -> 360, which would be 50%.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

chrisb wrote:In the opening, scan 4 days in the 1st region, then bounce off to the BM. Scanning more than that is kind of wasteful, if you don't have your two gops by then, you probably won't get good timers no matter what. Buy a scientist as soon as the BM pops.
This is possibly the single biggest tip I've read in this thread. The other things I could intuit without hard number crunching but it just didn't occur to me that the very first GOPs were coming out under-timed because I prioritised instant-BM for getting Scientist #1 ASAP.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Antifringe wrote:The research points stack linearly, which in turn causes the research time to decrease asymptotically. Three is 50% faster than two. Four is 33% faster than three. Etc.
OK, makes sense.
Psieye wrote:
chrisb wrote:In the opening, scan 4 days in the 1st region, then bounce off to the BM. Scanning more than that is kind of wasteful, if you don't have your two gops by then, you probably won't get good timers no matter what. Buy a scientist as soon as the BM pops.
This is possibly the single biggest tip I've read in this thread. The other things I could intuit without hard number crunching but it just didn't occur to me that the very first GOPs were coming out under-timed because I prioritised instant-BM for getting Scientist #1 ASAP.
@chrisb, do you ignore GTS to buy that scientist or do you sell everything from Gatecrasher (and always have enough cash)? I've been worried of selling corpses early now that they are harder to acquire, especially the sectoid as i can't get one back from Rendezvous and i need it for Psi but without selling it, i'm not sure i could buy GTS+scientist (their price isn't fixed, there seem to be some randomness).

@Psieye
: yep, Avenger scan is a big deal early, you start with 6 rebels and avenger is worth 4 rebels, that's 66% more scan and based on personal experience can easily add a day or two for those early missions infiltration.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

chrisb wrote:
stefan3iii wrote: - Tygen is worth 2 scientists and you have him the entire game, so your minimum rate of research is 2 scientists.
Just re-read this, isn't Tygan worth 3 sci? When you get your first sci it says it reduced research times by 33%, which would imply going from 360 -> 480 research not 240 -> 360, which would be 50%.
50% faster is the same as 33% reduced time. It's just a different way of looking at the numbers.

eg. 2/2 = 1. 3/2= 1.5 (50% faster!). 2/3 = 0.67 (33% reduced time).
stefan3iii

Post by stefan3iii »

I don't think building GTS day 1 is important. You don't need GTS until April when Vulture and Trial By Fire unlocks. I would not recommend selling things from gatecrasher, except maybe the sectoid corpse. Officer corpses are critical for incendiaries, never sell those, and trooper corpses are useful for alloy plating, and you'll be building a LOT of alloy plates.

I kind of doubt Basic Research II is worth it, it takes some 60+ days to pay off, and it's going to delay a bunch of early tech which will make your campaign much smoother. Post August, research becomes less critical, once you have the "Key Techs" you can handle most things the aliens will throw at you, and the hard part is actually building enough Shredstorm Cannons or whatever expensive toy you focus on.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

My current (aborted) campaign is on Veteran (non-Ironman) with Commander's Choice. I used that mod as an excuse to ignore GTS until like June or later, in the name of a Psi rush and an early AWC (for cross-class perks). That turned out to be a luxury direction that likely won't hold on the harder difficulties. I was falling behind on research (even when not staffing the AWC) and officer training was non-existent.

Fast-Psi Acolytes (no Psi promotions) are powerful in Veteran earlygame. But they'd have to change their "guaranteed damage" niche until T2 amps were available (from Gatekeepers). Ok, a "laser rifle that can't miss bio enemies and ignores armour" every 2 turns is nice even later on, but they'd have to switch to support until new amps come online. Assuming I understand how Psi damage abilities work.

So I join the consensus that a Psi rush is still not worth it despite their 1.3 buffs. I felt pressured to do Psi early rather than late as I never set my rebels on Recruit when both GOP missions had spawned in a region. Meaning I never got a regular stream of rookies. Psi lab is great for turning rookies into a powerful class but it's not powerful enough to warrant the detour from the Coilgun critical path.
1st
2nd
3rd
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

I haven't played a lot with Psi, but my general feeling is that it is not worth doing until you are blocked on other resources that pushing for more tech would just leave those techs unused due to lack of funds.

In general your probably going something like Lasers > Predator > Mag > Coil > Warden with some side-steps for autopsies when needed. A good place to look at picking up Psi early is between Lasers and Predator. If your supplies are low, your not going to afford any armor anyway, so delaying it a bit is not that big of a deal. Although if you do have lots of resources, then I'd keep pushing tech, and only side-step into Psi if/when you start capping resources and just can't build more gear anyway.

The earlier you can get Psi, the more useful it is. I'd say if you don't have Psi by the time Mag is finished, then they might not be worth it anymore. Everyone is just too far ahead at that point.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

chrisb wrote: In general your probably going something like Lasers > Predator > Mag > Coil > Warden with some side-steps for autopsies when needed. A good place to look at picking up Psi early is between Lasers and Predator.

The earlier you can get Psi, the more useful it is. I'd say if you don't have Psi by the time Mag is finished, then they might not be worth it anymore. Everyone is just too far ahead at that point.
Yeah I rushed it way too hard. My tech order was something like R.Comm -> Mod Weapons -> Sectoid Autopsy -> Psionics. If I hadn't had a lucky "Very interested in elerium cores" month, I could not have even afforded building the psi lab that fast. Seems Trial By Fire powerlevelled Psi Rookies built strictly as support seems the way to go until lategame amps make them do meaningful damage.
1st
2nd
3rd
stefan3iii

Post by stefan3iii »

chrisb wrote:I haven't played a lot with Psi, but my general feeling is that it is not worth doing until you are blocked on other resources that pushing for more tech would just leave those techs unused due to lack of funds.

In general your probably going something like Lasers > Predator > Mag > Coil > Warden with some side-steps for autopsies when needed. A good place to look at picking up Psi early is between Lasers and Predator. If your supplies are low, your not going to afford any armor anyway, so delaying it a bit is not that big of a deal. Although if you do have lots of resources, then I'd keep pushing tech, and only side-step into Psi if/when you start capping resources and just can't build more gear anyway.

I would suggest using EXOs, they are still super strong, even into August they're still useful. Eventually you start equipping Shredstorm Cannons on your EXOs, which are still OP, as I confirmed yesterday on a Avenger Defense mission yesterday killing 24 activated enemies in a turn mostly using many shredstorms, in November.

Please don't nerf... (if you have to nerf, make WAR suits a prereq for unlocking shredstorms).
Antifringe

Post by Antifringe »

Psi rush requires too much investment. I tried an April rush, and it worked, but lots of things work. Avenger power was a serious bottleneck, and you have to give up too many essential buildings to get psi that early.

Psi makes more sense at around the 3rd or 4th supply month. At that point you probably have extra power capacity, a Trial By Fire officer, enough sectoids for the free autopsy, and a healthy supply of scientists. I found that delaying psi and taking advantage of these efficiencies resulted in me being very nearly at the same level as just starting it ASAP, and with fewer opportunity costs. Elerium is also right around the corner, so Advanced Psi Amps will be available.
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

Honestly I think building the Proving Grounds and unlocking Incendiaries while keeping on track of the weapon techs and EXO is a better choice at the moment over heading straight to Psi. Incendiaries are just so strong and they stay relevant for almost the entire game. The grenadiers on my last campaign were using at least two of them up to the last month when I unlocked bombs, including the support grenadiers while they unlocked Sting. Plus it's cheap, resources wise and tech wise.
Thrombozyt

Post by Thrombozyt »

The main drawback with rushing PSI in my opinion is the fact that you usually have just ran out of rookies when you complete the Psi Lab and therefore have no one to train. Recruitment is still in its infancy at that stage and the rookie influx from jailbreaks and POIs is unreliable and not very much.

I would still try to make a break for psi if I get a scientist as my first extraction and have had bad infiltration timer in the first two rounds of scanning resulting in only two active squads. Then Communication->Biotech->Sectoid->Psi as a rush seems viable as you complete sectoid autopsy extremely early while you still have rookies. Then you select 2-5 candidates and train them ASAP while the research starts rushing up the weapon/armor tree.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Antifringe wrote: Psi makes more sense at around the 3rd or 4th supply month. At that point you probably have extra power capacity, a Trial By Fire officer, enough sectoids for the free autopsy, and a healthy supply of scientists. I found that delaying psi and taking advantage of these efficiencies resulted in me being very nearly at the same level as just starting it ASAP, and with fewer opportunity costs. Elerium is also right around the corner, so Advanced Psi Amps will be available.
How do you manage 10 sectoids by the 3rd or 4th drop? :o Do you 0% supply raids? I had 1, maybe 2 ambushes by the 4th drop and those early missions had 1 pod with a sectoid, the rest was only ADVENT. I still wasn't able to do instant autopsy when i finally decided to get Psi in June or early July (not sure the exact timing).
Antifringe

Post by Antifringe »

I don't do zero percents, but I do typically liberate by month 4, which will give you 4-5 sectoids right there. I run all Intel all the time (with brief spurts of opportunistic recruiting) in any region that has less than 12 vigilance (less than 15 vigilance if strength is high enough for troop columns), so I get a few supply convoys and UFOs.

My current game is at May 26, and the psi lab is finishing tomorrow. I'm not sure if that puts me at the 4th or 5th drop cycle. I've got a pile of scientists, a fully staffed lab, a Trail By Fire officer, 19 sectoid corpses in storage, and Elerium research just done, so those psions will hit the ground running.

I've gotten 2 supply raids, one troop column, and 3 UFOs. That's a lot, but not atypical for heavy Intel set ups. I'd have more troop columns, but ADVENT is having trouble building up the requisite strength :)
Antifringe

Post by Antifringe »

Maybe I should talk about my build order. This game I've been prioritizing the Proving Ground, and I think that this is the way to go. I build the GTS and the PG on month one. I buy a scientist and an engineer from the black market. Sell all elerium cores and be comfortable with selling your first 30 or so alloys and elerium (sell more alloys if you get them from hack rewards).

Research is Resistance Communications, Modular Weapons, Hybrid Material, Alien Biotech, Trooper Autopsy, Office Autopsy, and Drone Breakdown. From there you can do whatever, but I prioritize Combat Armor over Lasers. Ballistics are fine until June, really.

Next month, I start up on a Workshop to support the Proving Grounds, and I make sure to never let it idle. The big ticket item is Incendiary Grenades, which can one-shot almost anything you will meet until you have mag weapons. I cannot emphasize enough what a difference having these things makes. You don't need zillions of them, but make sure your grenadiers have them and put them in their special grenade slot. Alloy Plating is also good, and very cost effective. I pick up the Skulljack and Skullmining upgrades, mostly for the +20 passive Hacking, which is very strong when coupled with Mark II Gremlins (which you should have, because you did the Drone Breakdown).

Laboratory gets built as soon as I am able to clear a power coil. I typically hire a scientist from the black market every month for the first 3 months.

This is all funded by largely ignoring tactical gear, selling loot, and running 15-20 missions per month. Buy Vulture ASAP. With Vulture, it is not weird to be getting 30+ cores a month, and each one sells for 20. Buy only the most efficient gear upgrades (Nanoweave Vests, Alloy Plates, Incendiary Grenades, Gremlin Mark II, Skulljacks, AP Ammo). Actual armor and weapons should be purchased on an as-needed basis, like when you are having to rush down a 3 day relay mission because you suspect that it is hiding a UFO.

The strategic layer is all about expansion and running Intel. Even tiny 4 man havens run intel. They don't find a lot, but they find more than zero, and it only takes one or two missions to more than make up for the opportunity cost of recruit or supply. I find that jailbreaks + soldier advisors give you enough growth. If a haven hits high enough vigilance so that it stops spawning GOps, switch to recruit and max the haven out, then either go supply or back to intel, hoping to pick off Dark Events, convoys, and UFOs.

I spend probably close to 200 Intel a month on boosting infiltrations. It's the only way to maintain the pace. You get plenty from the missions, so don't worry about it.
stefan3iii

Post by stefan3iii »

I guess I don't understand how you're not finding way more missions than you can do? How many are you infiltrating at a time?

In my campaign I was able to eventually do 4 missions at a time, any more and I'd be sending soldiers that are too weak/undergeared for my comfort. To find 4 good missions at a time you need something like 2.5 regions doing intel. Early game I was only able to do 3 missions at a time.

Eventually you also get really high strength regions, like 8+, in which GOPs are very dangerous, and the returns on doing intel there seem really low.
Antifringe

Post by Antifringe »

I'm not sure, but a lot?

I run 4-5 man squads, and aim for a barracks of about 40 soldiers before psionics. That supports around 8 parallel missions. You'll do less, because of wounds, but it's still a lot. Use infiltration to pick up mission with short timers or to quickly resolve pending missions to free up soliders for new missions.

I buy the blackmarket soldiers and train up rookies via combat (way faster than the GTS). You aren't running 15-20 missions on the first month (not even physically possible, not enough contacted regions yet), but 10-15 on month two is reasonable, and by then you should be good.

If you think your soldiers are too weak, you are probably overvaluing ranks and gear. LCPLs are fine all throughout the second month, and can be mixed in comfortably with more veteran squads beyond that. You really, seriously, don't need lasers or Predator suits or any of that stuff to win missions handily until June or so. Grenades are both amazing and free, and even rookies can carry them.

The ah ha moment for me was when I was doing an Intel retaliation and my four rebels got attacked by a snake, stunlancer, trooper, and engineer. I thought "That's it for the rebels, my squads is three dashes away from even making line of sight!" But not only did my rebels survive, they won. Flashbang turns off the viper and stunlancer, a heroic flank plus a grenade removes the engineer, and then I eat a shot from the sentry. Next turn we mass grenade the snake and then we close and hose.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

Antifringe wrote:selling your first 30 or so alloys and elerium (sell more alloys if you get them from hack rewards).

Buy Vulture ASAP. With Vulture, it is not weird to be getting 30+ cores a month, and each one sells for 20.
I had been noticing with Smash and Grab that my alloys are starting to pile up quicker. My newest campaign lucked into 10+18 alloy too from hack/PoI. I should dump them on the black market to get my GTS out ASAP.
1st
2nd
3rd
stefan3iii

Post by stefan3iii »

Psieye wrote:
Antifringe wrote:selling your first 30 or so alloys and elerium (sell more alloys if you get them from hack rewards).

Buy Vulture ASAP. With Vulture, it is not weird to be getting 30+ cores a month, and each one sells for 20.
I had been noticing with Smash and Grab that my alloys are starting to pile up quicker. My newest campaign lucked into 10+18 alloy too from hack/PoI. I should dump them on the black market to get my GTS out ASAP.
This may just be me, but I never ever sell alloys, I'm short alloys the entire game. That's probably because I like to build a lot of EXO suits which are very alloy intensive.