How soon do you liberate your first region?

Share strategy and tips here.
Jj001

How soon do you liberate your first region?

Post by Jj001 »

Hey guys.
I was curious how many months it takes you guys to get your first region? I am kinda struggling financially right now in the game and i think it may be because I waited till ingot laser and pred armor.
Thank you!
Saph7
Long War 2 Crew

Re: How soon do you liberate your first region?

Post by Saph7 »

On Legendary I usually do my first one in July. If you're playing on Commander or below, you can get it done by June. Earlier is better, since they only get harder as time passes and the sooner you liberate, the more supplies you can farm from the region.
WanWhiteWolf

Post by WanWhiteWolf »

Jj001 wrote:Hey guys.
I was curious how many months it takes you guys to get your first region? I am kinda struggling financially right now in the game and i think it may be because I waited till ingot laser and pred armor.
Thank you!
On Commander I did it on on June / July. It depends how fast you can make the Liberation chain.

I think the first HQ is always a crucial point in the campaign because it is way way harder than the other ones. Reason for that is your relatively poor gear, low level and the high level region you have to fight into.

I liberated 7 regions and the first HQ had the highest STR. Once you do the tower mission, Advent goes on frenzy and enforces the region from all sides. After you liberate the first, you can be selective on which one you liberate ; you can afford to postpone it until the STR drops.

Considering that at start you do missions on mostly 1-2 region, those regions are bound to have huge vigilance.

Sidenote: I started the infiltration on STR 3 and it ended up being STR 8 once I started the mission. As a lessons learned, don't bother over infiltrating. It's simply worse. Just hit a boost once you have 67% infiltration and go for it.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

On Veteran, I did it at the start of June - away from my starting region. The first region is too valuable as a Vigilance magnet to just liberate it that fast imo.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

Psieye wrote:On Veteran, I did it at the start of June - away from my starting region. The first region is too valuable as a Vigilance magnet to just liberate it that fast imo.
The initial region also has a Radio Tower at start. Towers are pricey and the price goes up as you get more of them. You get one for free from the Lib 4 Network Tower, so it's best for expansion to liberate another region first. Or at least do Lib 4 there.