is this a lost-cause campaign?

Share strategy and tips here.
battch

is this a lost-cause campaign?

Post by battch »

I'm playing Commander, self-ironman. Its September 1, Total Legions equal 62, global resistance threat level is low, and I have yet to liberate a region. I have full coils and predator, decent roster (no MSG but a couple GSG's and many TSG's), and contact with 5 regions, 1 ready to liberate (w/ str 6) and all regions are Force 11. I'm having a bitch of a time getting any missions at extremely light, so only ran 7 missions in August. I feel like I'm totally floundering. Thoughts?

Thanks
Battch
orion_winterfire

Re: is this a lost-cause campaign?

Post by orion_winterfire »

My opinion: you desperately need to contact more regions and get story missions done.
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

Probably. If you didn't liberate at least you should have been moving across the map horizontally to get to the Blacksite once it's revealed.
WanWhiteWolf

Post by WanWhiteWolf »

5 regions in September is quite low.

You need to contact new regions at all cost. Just stop whatever tech you are doing and research intel datapads (if you haven't sold them)

In November you need to be in Blacksite range because the final counter will be ticking by then.

As for Liberation, just bring some snipers to HQ and you'll be fine. You can cheese with Shinoby + Snipers. Most likely it will be a 2-3h mission but duable, even on high STR region.

With Coils + Predator you can end the game; biggest concern for you now is the Avatar timer.
stefan3iii

Post by stefan3iii »

Basically your game would end in Nov/Dec if you don't start doing story stuff. Make sure you build a shadow chamber asap as well, because it takes 30 days just to build it.

I think 5 regions in Sept is enough, though you probably need to be getting additional intel from skulljacks and datapads.
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

If the regions you contacted are only those around your home region you might be screwed. Blacksite is usually a 4-region jump away from home.
ginyu549

Post by ginyu549 »

Also, if you haven't been running missions you can be pretty sure the Avatar project is humming along in the background. I just lost a similar campaign where I had just reached coil, was getting ready to liberate my first region , had it infiltrated to almost 200%, was just waiting for the last few % to tick down, and then blam, lost the whole thing to Avatar.
Kwic

Post by Kwic »

Dwarfling wrote:should have been moving across the map horizontally
It is the second time I read this (maybe it was already you the fiorst time, I can't remember).

Why you HAVE to move horizontally ??
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

Kwic wrote:It is the second time I read this (maybe it was already you the fiorst time, I can't remember)
Blacksite tends to spawn several regions away from your home region, say, 4, on a different continent. If you expand horizontally, you'll have a shorter path to it once revealed than if you expanded to the cheaper surrounding regions around your home, usually north and south.

Say you start in New India, you should be trying to reach North America, since Blacksite will probably spawn in E.US or Brazil, instead of heading towards S.Africa or Australia.