Need some pointers

Share strategy and tips here.
Jj001

Need some pointers

Post by Jj001 »

Hi guys.
I just played a veteran game which is the second to lowest difficulty. And I lost to the Avatar project. I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I was wondering if i could get some general pointers or tips.
I find that i am low on supplies early game. So this time around I am going to focus heavily on the liberation chain in the 1st month. And focus research on weapon technology.

Over all I do very well in the combat since I play a ton of xcom. It seems to be the macro game that i lose.

Any help would be appreciated.
Psieye

Re: Need some pointers

Post by Psieye »

We can point you to past threads and other sources of generic pointers. But it'd be better if you explained how exactly you approach the strategy layer.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
WanWhiteWolf

Post by WanWhiteWolf »

March:
Buy SCI from market.
Look for lib chain mission.

April:
Buy SCI from market.
Look for Lib chain mission.
Laser research.

May:
Magnetic research.
Ablative vest research.
Look for Lib chain mission

June/July:
Exo research.
Liberate first region.
Get vulture GTS
Build laboratory.
Optional - PSI

August:
Coil weapons
Skulking

September+
At this point you have the gear finish the game. All research now is focused on fighting avatar project -
- research intel datapads and expand toward blacksite
- research facility leads
- Chamber / whatnoot
- Liberate more regions to equip more squads / reduce avatar timer

The blacksite is 4 regions away. By september you should be half way (2/4). For the last 2 regions, you either use the extra intel or buy a tower.

In my last Commander Ironman campaign, I researched 14 or so datapads after I finished coils. This allows you to expand / be selective on what missions you take end game.
Jj001

Post by Jj001 »

WanWhiteWolf wrote:March:
Buy SCI from market.
Look for lib chain mission.

April:
Buy SCI from market.
Look for Lib chain mission.
Laser research.

May:
Magnetic research.
Ablative vest research.
Look for Lib chain mission

June/July:
Exo research.
Liberate first region.
Get vulture GTS
Build laboratory.
Optional - PSI

August:
Coil weapons
Skulking

September+
At this point you have the gear finish the game. All research now is focused on fighting avatar project -
- research intel datapads and expand toward blacksite
- research facility leads
- Chamber / whatnoot
- Liberate more regions to equip more squads / reduce avatar timer

The blacksite is 4 regions away. By september you should be half way (2/4). For the last 2 regions, you either use the extra intel or buy a tower.

In my last Commander Ironman campaign, I researched 14 or so datapads after I finished coils. This allows you to expand / be selective on what missions you take end game.

This is exactly what I needed to read ty!! I'll approach the game with this start in mind ty!!!
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Just in case this isn't solved already: make contacting regions and getting soldiers a priority, and keep your squads busy. I usually hit 4 contacted regions and about 4 of each soldier in May (Commander difficulty, but reduced GTS training time). And I rarely have more than 5 soldiers sitting at home at the same time.
Antifringe

Post by Antifringe »

Let me plug my AAR thread. I go into gruesome detail about manipulating the strategy layer.