Black site mission question 1.4

Share strategy and tips here.
Jj001

Black site mission question 1.4

Post by Jj001 »

Hi guys it's been awhile since I've done the black site Mission and I'm curious is to whether I can still do the black site Mission with two Shinobi's or now that they've changed the way pods are in terms of size and frequency is it best to go into the black site mission with a full crew?
Dwarfling

Re: Black site mission question 1.4

Post by Dwarfling »

The evac is fixed to the spawn point, so you have to go aaaaall the way to the vial and then aaaaaall the way back. Also I think RNF start dropping as soon as you grab the vial, regardless of the RNF timer, but you get plenty of turns to kill everything before you grab the vial, if you aren't OW leapfrogging without a scout.

I recommend you just do it the traditional way, like in vanilla, a large squad, boosted, that can clean up the pods relatively fast.

PS: Forge is the same deal, except without the RNF on pickup.
WanWhiteWolf

Post by WanWhiteWolf »

Dwarfling wrote:The evac is fixed to the spawn point, so you have to go aaaaall the way to the vial and then aaaaaall the way back. Also I think RNF start dropping as soon as you grab the vial, regardless of the RNF timer, but you get plenty of turns to kill everything before you grab the vial, if you aren't OW leapfrogging without a scout.

I recommend you just do it the traditional way, like in vanilla, a large squad, boosted, that can clean up the pods relatively fast.

The RNF seem to be trigger by the last enemy. In my current campaign, I had the RNF go yellow without picking up the Vile.

One RNF drops every turn afterwards so be prepared to fight 2-3 turns of RNF or so. Use the RNF delay perk on officer and get out after.
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

WanWhiteWolf wrote:
Dwarfling wrote:The evac is fixed to the spawn point, so you have to go aaaaall the way to the vial and then aaaaaall the way back. Also I think RNF start dropping as soon as you grab the vial, regardless of the RNF timer, but you get plenty of turns to kill everything before you grab the vial, if you aren't OW leapfrogging without a scout.

The RNF seem to be trigger by the last enemy. In my current campaign, I had the RNF go yellow without picking up the Vile.

One RNF drops every turn afterwards so be prepared to fight 2-3 turns of RNF or so. Use the RNF delay perk on officer and get out after.
Sounds like I was super lucky.
Decided to skip the first pod thinking the evac was going to move, apartmently delayed the reinforcements until I was near extraction over it.
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

JulianSkies wrote:Sounds like I was super lucky.
Decided to skip the first pod thinking the evac was going to move, apartmently delayed the reinforcements until I was near extraction over it.
Seems like a good strategy, they usually hang on around one of the first buildings, to the right. Last time I did it tho there was another pod close to it, and I deployed a squad that was kinda too noisy not to attract attention.