Tac DE questions

Share strategy and tips here.
Dong101

Tac DE questions

Post by Dong101 »

1. If a Tactical Dark Event has been succesfully countered, will it occur again in future?

2. Are Tac DE tie to facilities? If yes, does taken out the facility housed it make it obsolete? However I doubt that Tac DE is tie to any facilities as it can happen at any region.

3. What is the most dangerous or must stop Tac DE?
fowlJ

Re: Tac DE questions

Post by fowlJ »

1. Yes.

2. No, Dark Events are not tied to facilities.

3. There are some DEs that are more dangerous than others, but there isn't really a 'must stop' DE, because they aren't designed around a significant number of them being stopped in the first place. It's a nice bonus if you do, but most of them are going to be in play by the end of the campaign regardless. If you want more information on which events do what you can see a list of the Dark Events here - you can see which effects apply to which enemies, and what the chance of application is.
Dong101

Post by Dong101 »

Thank you on the responses. Ufopedia is a good source for all thing Xcom.
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

Must stop if able: Infestation (Chryssalids), Alien Infiltrator (Faceless), Rapid Response (faster Reinforcements).

Vigilance used to be killer on 1.2, but ever since the stealth nerf I've been opening on the first pod and now I don't care. Show of Force is also pretty annoying but manageable.
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

Dwarfling wrote:Must stop if able: Infestation (Chryssalids), Alien Infiltrator (Faceless), Rapid Response (faster Reinforcements).

Vigilance used to be killer on 1.2, but ever since the stealth nerf I've been opening on the first pod and now I don't care. Show of Force is also pretty annoying but manageable.
Those, actually, are strategic temporary DEs, not quite what the OP asked. Still a good answer, though, if talking about strategic ones.
Also don't mistake Alien Infiltrators with Greater Faceless, GF is the tactical one that makes them tougher.
JM01

Post by JM01 »

JulianSkies wrote:
Dwarfling wrote:Must stop if able: Infestation (Chryssalids), Alien Infiltrator (Faceless), Rapid Response (faster Reinforcements).

Those, actually, are strategic temporary DEs, not quite what the OP asked. Still a good answer, though, if talking about strategic ones.
Also don't mistake Alien Infiltrators with Greater Faceless, GF is the tactical one that makes them tougher.
Well actually those are technically Tactical DE's in that they affect the tactical gameplay, it's just those are some of the few tactical DEs that are not permanent. So it is actually correct in saying those are must counter tactical DEs because during the time they are up they can make the tactical game MUCH harder (and actually I can live with the infiltrators and infestation, it's Rapid Response that HAS to be countered no matter what IMO).
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

JM01 wrote:
JulianSkies wrote:

Well actually those are technically Tactical DE's in that they affect the tactical gameplay, it's just those are some of the few tactical DEs that are not permanent. So it is actually correct in saying those are must counter tactical DEs because during the time they are up they can make the tactical game MUCH harder (and actually I can live with the infiltrators and infestation, it's Rapid Response that HAS to be countered no matter what IMO).
Here we reach a strange sort of semantics: PI has used the term "Tactical Dark Event" to refer to the permanent upgrades to aliens that are similar to the navigator upgrades in LW1 while using "Strategical Dark Event" for the events that are temporary and come from the base game.
I mean it's a very scholastic discussion without much merit, however. Just focus on "Permanent" versus "Temporary", and the permanent ones yeah, you will eventually have all of them running, it's part of enemy progression. With some luck you can stall some off, though.
Dong101

Post by Dong101 »

I guess it is because the Tac DE only impacted the tactical layer while some of the Stat DE impact the tactical layer.

AND Tactical and Strategic DE sound much better than Temporary and Permanent DE :lol: