War of the chosen is right around the corner :)

Share strategy and tips here.
Jj001

War of the chosen is right around the corner :)

Post by Jj001 »

I know this isn't necessarily a post on strategy regarding Long War. But is anyone really excited about the new war of the Chosen expansion?

I'm actually really excited to see what the long war team does with all the new content from the XCOM base game. I can't imagine how great long War 1.6 and 1.7 or going to be
Zork

Re: War of the chosen is right around the corner :)

Post by Zork »

I read posts quoting that for now there's no plan to make a LW2 WotC version.

Some articles list many changes coming and it's cool... but for me among DLC, Anarchy"s Children is a much much better DLC than Aliens Hunter. I played once AH have have zero plan to ever do it again, not even in a new context like LW2. At least AC allows me break the lack of diversity of soldiers look, including during missions, and I constantly use AC so it's pretty good return on investment.

At reverse AH is like the dev team think they reach a barrier and can't develop more the gameplay base and must break it for something new but weird that I don't want bother play.

So sure many cool features are coming, but invisible attack of my soldiers, enemy that resurrect multiple time, enemy that act during my turn, more... I don't care it's playable, as AH is playable, I don't want play such gameplay. So despite I'm also excited I'm afraid it will be right like AH, played once and thrown to trash after.
NOT a tactical/strategy expert player, playing LW2 at Easy. Rather old so I appreciate not be bothered by excessive familiarity, I'm not your friend and will never be. Refuse to learn English well so don't attempt learn it to me, thank you. :-)
Jj001

Post by Jj001 »

Zork wrote:I read posts quoting that for now there's no plan to make a LW2 WotC version.

Some articles list many changes coming and it's cool... but for me among DLC, Anarchy"s Children is a much much better DLC than Aliens Hunter. I played once AH have have zero plan to ever do it again, not even in a new context like LW2. At least AC allows me break the lack of diversity of soldiers look, including during missions, and I constantly use AC so it's pretty good return on investment.

At reverse AH is like the dev team think they reach a barrier and can't develop more the gameplay base and must break it for something new but weird that I don't want bother play.

So sure many cool features are coming, but invisible attack of my soldiers, enemy that resurrect multiple time, enemy that act during my turn, more... I don't care it's playable, as AH is playable, I don't want play such gameplay. So despite I'm also excited I'm afraid it will be right like AH, played once and thrown to trash after.

I didn't really care for anarchies children. I didn't like the look, it made me think that the devs played too much borderlands. Alien hunters was fun, but war of the chosen is so much content. There are so many new mission types. Many of which can be incorporated into lw2
Zork

Post by Zork »

Jj001 wrote:
Zork wrote:I read posts quoting that for now there's no plan to make a LW2 WotC version.

I didn't really care for anarchies children. I didn't like the look, it made me think that the devs played too much borderlands. Alien hunters was fun, but war of the chosen is so much content. There are so many new mission types. Many of which can be incorporated into lw2
To each their own for AC. The problem is boredom "realistic" looking soldiers that look all the same. I don't play "real war" my phase of fascination for real wars started at first teen age and ended quite before last teen year that is more than 40 years ago. I only play a tactical game with some strategy element or even light 4X for LW2.

It's not about Borderlands it's about includng diversity in looks. And the problem is aggravated in LW2 context with potentially a lot more soldiers.

For a LW2 WotC I'm not saying it couldn't be cool, but also it's clearly a lot of work with the numerous core gameplay changes.
NOT a tactical/strategy expert player, playing LW2 at Easy. Rather old so I appreciate not be bothered by excessive familiarity, I'm not your friend and will never be. Refuse to learn English well so don't attempt learn it to me, thank you. :-)
Jj001

Post by Jj001 »

Woot! Comes out tomorrow!