Strange complete "ShutDown" bug...

Zyxpsilon

Strange complete "ShutDown" bug...

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Been having this weird system behavior lately.

The entire PC simply shuts down (as if the power goes off) during Missions. Specifically when a pod gets revealed.. at random while there's really no way to predict or reproduce it. It just happens.
Don't know how to react to this stuff.. but it only occurs while playing XCom2/LW2.

Anyone else ever had this sort of crash?
Antifringe

Re: Strange complete "ShutDown" bug...

Post by Antifringe »

That sounds like hardware failure. I used to have a similar thing happen during LW1 air battles (and only LW1 air battles) for a while. And then it started happening with other things, until almost any stress caused a shutdown. It turned out that my ancient motherboard was failing.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

As Antifringe said.

Without being a computer pro, i would say that motherboard or power supply are the most likely culprits for sudden shutdowns. I only had one sudden computer shutdown ever but the machine never booted after that. Mobo died suddenly on me, pretty annoying.

I would say it's time to backup your important data. You can probably thank LW2 for being such a good stress test for our hardware. :lol:
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Oh.. hardware failure(s) could indeed be (in) the case here.

My "oldish" PC certainly has fairly low-tech components -- including that Corsair PS which fan seems to be spinning wild at times.
Time to start considering a NEW (more modern) machine i guess.
Aside from the most basic limited elements in that tower.. even the NVidia GTX760-DC2 can barely sustain XCom2 video feed pacing.. not speaking of the very slow i3-2100/CPU (Dual/Quad Logical) either.
ASUS Mobo (#P8H61-M LE/CSM) has given me solid performance & 8GIGs of Ram surely has its OS+ limits.

Well -- big $$$ stash pullout ahead! :lol:

PS; Good idea on the backups -- i sure have plenty of Modding resources to keep track of. As usual!