Fatal Bug: Error to load mission (Ironman)

Dwarfling

Fatal Bug: Error to load mission (Ironman)

Post by Dwarfling »

Version: 1.4
Additional mods: FLANKPREVIEW, PERFECTINFORMATION, STOPWASTINGMYTIME
Saves: yes

Save: http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/680067/save178

I was infiltrating a Retaliation precursor (Prevent Data Leak?) while I was completing an HQ Assault mission on the same region. Completed the HQ Assault, got the bonus on the Data Leak mission (120%) and I decide to run it. Anyways, I get up to get some water while the mission loads and I return to a pitch black screen with a looping sound. I Alt-F4, load the last game, now the mission loads and gets stuck with the "Alien Activity" sign on screen and a sound bug. Tried Restartlevel and RestartMap but it doesn't fix it.
Dwarfling

Re: Fatal Bug: Error to load mission (Ironman)

Post by Dwarfling »

I used "endbattle xcomwins". Takes me out of the mission with a loss. Too bad it was a mission I was planning on winning easily.
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

That upload site wants my email address to send me a download link, and I'm really not interested in their spam. Can you upload it elsewhere or I can pm you my email address to send it to me.
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

Thanks, got the save this time. The black screen with looping sound on mission start is often because the mission was created referencing a map parcel that is no longer installed. I've seen this several times when someone has had a map pack installed and then disabled it in the middle of a campaign. But since the ones I've seen don't play ironman they have a backup save from before the missions started. Looking at the save it's consistent with this - the map info is corrupted, and the entire mission state is messed up too.

If you didn't disable a map pack during this campaign, I'm not sure what to say. This doesn't look to be LW2 related though.
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

Haven't installed any map packs or gameplay mods. Only mods I use: flankpreview, perfectinformation, showhealthvalues, stopwastingmytime, upcomingeventsinhours.