Haven:---- Banner(s) GFX script.

Zyxpsilon

Haven:---- Banner(s) GFX script.

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Hi JL & gang...

More of a request than a Bug report.

I guess TrackTwo or Amineri (etc) had to alter the Geoscape shapeform structure for every Region Banners to accomodate the various HUD components necessary.
Doing so "broke" the TEXT string recognition though, i think.

Technically.. my GeoscApps mod appends a Logo/Symbol to each INT file strings that identify these regions (Eastern US, etc). A number of other places do use HTML rendering assets as well. For example, each listed Resistance contacts are present in the Management option.. and my modded Logos show up correctly there.

But the Geoscape spot for any of them is now shown as a flat/linear colored sprite/shape (default cyan).

Any chance you could provide a compatible script (within Patch #1) to the custom Flash/Script code for me, please?
Amineri

Re: Haven:---- Banner(s) GFX script.

Post by Amineri »

Zyxpsilon wrote:Hi JL & gang...

More of a request than a Bug report.

I guess TrackTwo or Amineri (etc) had to alter the Geoscape shapeform structure for every Region Banners to accomodate the various HUD components necessary.
Doing so "broke" the TEXT string recognition though, i think.

Technically.. my GeoscApps mod appends a Logo/Symbol to each INT file strings that identify these regions (Eastern US, etc). A number of other places do use HTML rendering assets as well. For example, each listed Resistance contacts are present in the Management option.. and my modded Logos show up correctly there.

But the Geoscape spot for any of them is now shown as a flat/linear colored sprite/shape (default cyan).

Any chance you could provide a compatible script (within Patch #1) to the custom Flash/Script code for me, please?
I'll try and look into it, but things are a bit busy (I'm sure you can imagine!), so please ping me again Zyx in a few days if I haven't gotten back on this.
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Busy? Hell -- yes.. judging from the brutally cool D/L rate since this early afternoon, LW2 is certainly heading for some spectacular results! :)

But... please do revisit that custom "Sprite" structure for me to re-allocate proper HTML (img src..) call-outs while i suppose the Continent Bonuses might react in a similar way too (haven't seen any yet!!) -- when you can. Enjoy.
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Something else to mention about this lack of "properly" colored Logos while inserted into some GFX/Flash components.

As you can see below, @Amineri... the Region Banners aren't the only place where such flaws happen. Two distinct instances... Research Completed & Contact Made;

((PS: Even the relative vSpace values would possibly need adjustements in certain cases.))

Essentially, there must be a pre-declared format for those specific strings (LOC via MC_Text) & how the various placeholders can't recognize the HTML instructions (img). I looked up the "scripted" P-Code (hooked via SWF as usual for "Alert style" popups) but i just couldn't find what exact options control the actual dispatch or the required parameters.