Bug with mods

CosmicKoR

Bug with mods

Post by CosmicKoR »

1. The version LW 1.0
2. PC
3. Long War 2, Rage Helmet, Cupnbubs, Plasman Elite tatoos, show heath value, perfect information, lifetime stats.
4. I have a problem with mods. When i the first time start the game after installation modes - they work.Then, saving a game i go out.. I restart the game, but some mods disappears. It always happens. I deleted the config folder, i cleaned cache. Then mods work again, but only one time. I reinstalled the game, does not help.
LW work but setting menu from tool box doesn't work as well perfect information, show health velue, lifetime stats. Sorry for my english, help me pls.
Attachments
Where is LW settings ?
Where is LW settings ?
imgonline-com-ua-compressedAjpyLJpXb9ZX.jpg (101.05 KiB) Viewed 15474 times
CosmicKoR

Re: Bug with mods

Post by CosmicKoR »

If i clean cache or change language it will be alright, but only for one start of the game :? If i save the game and go out, lw settings will dissapear next time.
Attachments
if change language.jpg
if change language.jpg (167.55 KiB) Viewed 15465 times
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

I would assume a mod conflict. Pull all the mods, regenerate your inis, start a campaign, and see if it persists. If it does, verify files back to vanilla, reinstall Long War, and see if it persists. If it does we'll take a closer look. If it doesn't, add the mods back one by one until you reproduce the problem.
CosmicKoR

Post by CosmicKoR »

I'm sorry, but what does it mean "regenerate your inis" ? I deleted xcom2, i unsubscribed from all modifications, i deleted my profile and config folder, i cleaned xcom2 cache. It doesn't help. Problem exists even i have only L2 mod. Thank you.
Last edited by CosmicKoR on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Regenerate your inis = delete config folder.

So you are seeing this with no other mods but Long War 2 installed?
CosmicKoR

Post by CosmicKoR »

johnnylump wrote:Regenerate your inis = delete config folder.

So you are seeing this with no other mods but Long War 2 installed?
Yes i am. I tested it with only lw2 mod, without any mods.
Amineri

Post by Amineri »

Are you using the default launcher, or the AltLauncher?

I'm trying to narrow down if this is an issue with the mods not getting loaded properly on subsequent launchers, or if it is a problem internal to the mod while loading.

If you can, a Launch.Log (from \Documents\My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\Logs) from a successful launch and one with the error would be helpful in tracing this down.
CosmicKoR

Post by CosmicKoR »

Amineri wrote:Are you using the default launcher, or the AltLauncher?

I'm trying to narrow down if this is an issue with the mods not getting loaded properly on subsequent launchers, or if it is a problem internal to the mod while loading.

If you can, a Launch.Log (from \Documents\My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\Logs) from a successful launch and one with the error would be helpful in tracing this down.
I use default launcher.The first log is normal, the second one has a trouble.
I've noticed something, if i start the game without change video and graphic settings (default settings after delete config folder) - mod works properly. But if i change one then long war settings dissapear (look at screens above).
I'll sort out the settings.
Attachments
logs.rar
(161.35 KiB) Downloaded 489 times
CosmicKoR

Post by CosmicKoR »

I think I have found what the problem was. I sorted out all video and graphics settings. The cause of all ills was setting "enable framerate smoothing".If this option is activated then mods work uncorrectly. I don't know why :? But i'm very glad that i have solved trouble. Maybe it will help somebody. I hope you guys solve a problem with this option or at least explain to me why it is so. Thank you guys for attention, LW2 is amazing mod.
Attachments
Enable framerate smoothing.jpg
Enable framerate smoothing.jpg (104.11 KiB) Viewed 15357 times
Amineri

Post by Amineri »

Glad you were able to find this!

So this is a little arcane, but some of these base in-game settings (video/graphics options, keybinds, and the like) get stored into one particular config file called XComEngine.ini. This is one of the config files in the C\My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\Config folder that we are sometimes asking players to clear.

The reason this is important is because there are some mod functionality overrides that have to get merged into that same XComEngine.ini. Due to how UnrealEngine is set up, it uses timestamps to determine when to merge things, which can cause this mod functionality to not get merged in. So changing these setting may interfere with the mod (which is a bit of a pain).

The good news is that the next patch I've removed these overrides from the XComEngine.ini, so that it won't be possible for it to interfere.