Geoscape shows me three people to rescue in a jailbreak, but on the Battlescape there are only two

Cookie

Geoscape shows me three people to rescue in a jailbreak, but on the Battlescape there are only two

Post by Cookie »

I think i´ve encountered a bug in my last mission.

It was a jailbreak with - according to the description on the Geoscape - three people to rescue: two resistance personnel and one rookie, who got captured a few missions prior.

In the mission itself though, the objective listed only two people to rescue. When i reached the jail, i could only control the two resistance fighters. My rookie was in an adjacent cell, but i couldn´t interact with her in any way.

When i finished the mission, the ending screen told me that i rescued 2 of 2. But back on the Avenger, i was told of the loss of my rookie ("VIP Lost").

I don´t have any gameplay altering mods. Just a couple of voice packs, map packs and some accessories plus

Music Modding System
Perfect Information
Show Heatlh Values

Not sure how to provide save games, but i still have them if needed.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Geoscape shows me three people to rescue in a jailbreak, but on the Battlescape there are only two

Post by johnnylump »

Thanks, this will be fixed in 1.1.
brunodema

Jailbreak - Can't rescue previously captured soldier

Post by brunodema »

During a Jailbreak mission, the game listed 4 rebels I could rescue: 3 random rebels and one soldier that got captured during another mission. After hacking the door and releasing the other rebels, my captured soldier couldn't be selected nor could I move it. The UI (top left indicators) indicated that only 3 people could be rescued, even though my ex-soldier was inside one of the cells and the original mission briefing said he was one of the VIP's. I'm running only cosmetic mods and the HunkerDown mod from the workshop. I'm currently trying to find a fix for this issue but no success so far. I have a save file showing the bug if you need it. I'm playing LW2 v1.0 on Windows 10.
brunodema

Re: Jailbreak - Can't rescue previously captured soldier

Post by brunodema »

After some testing it looks like the soldier wasn't even "loaded" properly as the other soldiers/rebels on the mission (if I use the "teleportalltocursor" command, all my soldiers/rebels teleport except the bugged soldier).
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Re: Geoscape shows me three people to rescue in a jailbreak, but on the Battlescape there are only two

Post by mattprice516 »

Yup - this is related to the same big and should be fixed in the 1.1 patch.
Sentenryu

Post by Sentenryu »

In my case, the captured soldier didn't even show up on the mission. The cell only had one unit, when getting this one unit to the evac, a new objective showed up as already fullfilled telling me to find more personel. next turn this objective turned red. I'm able to provide a save game if it's needed.