Bug - Squad stuck "On mission" long after mission complete

Prime9

Bug - Squad stuck "On mission" long after mission complete

Post by Prime9 »

This is similar to several reports I've seen of squads stuck at infiltration, but this is sufficiently different I thought it'd be worth reporting separately:

Problem: One squad of three is stuck in an "on mission" state and unable to use or edit members. Both other squads have been able to complete multiple missions since the bug occured without incident
  1. Long war version: Long War 2 for Xcom 2 - v 1.0 (1.19.17) - First release.
  2. Platform: Windows 10 x64
  3. Other mods: None, this is a clean install of Xcom 2. no other mods were ever installed since I switched PC and nothing else shows up in the mod manager. (for completeness, I've previously used Retroactive AWC on a playthrough on a different PC - I don't think so but it's possible retroactive AWC was auto installed when Long War 2 was installed, but it has definitely never been activated and was removed entirely before the campaign started).
  4. Trigger unknown, noticed while playing the long war campaign with two active squads, at one point the first squad that I started with is now stuck on a mission, I've no idea which mission though and there's no indication on the strategic map. The mission was either successful or aborted when infiltration failed early, there haven't been any other cases. My other squad and the third added after the bug appeared are unaffected and work fine.
  5. Can provide savegame on request
EDIT: To clarify in case it matters, no DLCs are installed either.

Troubleshooting so far:
  1. No other mods to remove, so no action there.
  2. Deleted local content other than savegames (uninstall in steam and clear Xcom2/XcomGame/Config ini files) then re-install via steam. Note that this was done after the bug appeared, I've not played much since seeing that this failed as it's quite a large investment of time that I'm not willing to make until I know the bug is not going to repeat on a new game!