Psi Lab won't train operatives?

trihero

Psi Lab won't train operatives?

Post by trihero »

I can train rookies into psi ops, but I can't train psi ops in the psi lab. I only have the following quality of life mods: perfect information, gotcha (flank evolved), free camera rotation, shut up bradford.

Edit: hmm it seems you must give them a bit of combat experience before you can train them further in the psi lab, maybe this isn't a bug.
Kain Deamon

Re: Psi Lab won't train operatives?

Post by Kain Deamon »

I'm having the same problem.
moroniccinamun

Post by moroniccinamun »

Looks like you solved your issue ;) but from what I've read (I haven't actually gotten to psi stuff yet), you need combat exp to get them up further ranks.

Also, 1.1 official says something about making the psi stuff in general better, if that means anything to ya.
trihero

Post by trihero »

I don't really understand the purpose of having 2 psi slots. Usually I never have both psi's training because one or the other don't have enough combat experience to be training the next level anyways. I understand the angle they're coming from like they want psis to participate in combat rather than just pop up out of nowhere to ace the last few missions, but I'd prefer psis trained the old way just sitting there as this game is complicated enough and it makes the psi's stand apart more.

It takes quite an investment just to get these guys running (research the psi lab have to kill a bunch of sectopods I think, and it costs money/power etc) and then it's a huge hassle to remember to put them in the psi lab after promotions (and they don't even train while infiltrating, which begs questions like if they're always on missions then how do they train kind of thing).
Elfich

Post by Elfich »

With one (or two ) slots so you hot bunk the Psi Lab. The intent isn't to have one PsiGuy. It is to have 2-3 with a single slot and 4-5 (or more) with two slots.
The trained one goes out on missions.
The wounded one is healing
The promoted one is in training.

The object is to set up a production queue where you have one more person than the capacity of the PsiLab. That way you always have someone in the PsiLab training. If you don't have someone in the PsiLab, get a rookie and stick them in it.

It is the same idea as the AWC: Always have someone in the AWC getting AWC bennies. If you aren't getting AWC bennies on someone, that is time lost on the AWC you could be using productively.
Amineri

Post by Amineri »

The balance issues with getting psis going (because the come in later than other rookies/squaddies) was noted by our internal testers, and is getting addressed in patch 1.1.

Psis shouldn't be requiring a lot of xp. Training times should be balanced so that you can train more than one psi per slot. The xp requirement was added so that we could adjust the training times down (allowing more psi total to be spread out through more squads) without making it too easy to power to the end without the soldier ever getting any combat.
trihero

Post by trihero »

Thanks for the reply I see now in the 1.1 changes thread what will happen next.

Question: is it possible to train all psi perks on one soldier? I have a feeling not because you can only rank up so many times?
moroniccinamun

Post by moroniccinamun »

trihero wrote:Thanks for the reply I see now in the 1.1 changes thread what will happen next.

Question: is it possible to train all psi perks on one soldier? I have a feeling not because you can only rank up so many times?
The vibe I got is no, because it says "you can't train anymore; once reaching max rank"; if you had all the perks at that point, no reason to even want to train more.