Bladestorm seems to have crazy range at times

squidney2k1

Bladestorm seems to have crazy range at times

Post by squidney2k1 »

I keep coming across this bug on my Shinobi soldiers. It occurs at random as some are affected and some are not.

Sometimes, soldiers appear to have Bladestorm activate against enemies that are 8+ tiles away. The soldier does not move, but swings in place, and the enemy takes the full damage of the attack. Other times, Bladestorm procs as normal, against enemies only in melee range.

Are there possible AWC abilities that are causing Bladestorm to get a crazy & erroneous boost in range?
Arcalane

Re: Bladestorm seems to have crazy range at times

Post by Arcalane »

If I had to guess it's an order of operations thing. The AI is passing through or into the bladestorm-soldier's melee range and has done so as far as the logic is concerned, but the bladestorm free attack triggers before the actual animated movement takes place?

I vaguely recall seeing something similar on rare occasions in vanilla, but I may be misremembering.
Pendrako

Post by Pendrako »

"Throwing your sword always works"
squidney2k1

Post by squidney2k1 »

Arcalane wrote:If I had to guess it's an order of operations thing. The AI is passing through or into the bladestorm-soldier's melee range and has done so as far as the logic is concerned, but the bladestorm free attack triggers before the actual animated movement takes place?

I vaguely recall seeing something similar on rare occasions in vanilla, but I may be misremembering.
It's been so long since I've played vanilla XCOM 2 that I can't remember if it occurred then.

Pretty hilarious seeing how bad it gets--new record is about 15 tiles against a Muton.
fowlJ

Post by fowlJ »

Arcalane wrote: I vaguely recall seeing something similar on rare occasions in vanilla, but I may be misremembering.
I don't know that I've seen it in vanilla before, but the AI takes actions (visually) out of order all the time in my experience with LW2 so far.