Ability Roust and Overwatch - bug or Design ?

Bob_Green

Ability Roust and Overwatch - bug or Design ?

Post by Bob_Green »

Greetings PI Creators !

I would like to discuss about the Roust Ability (Technician Perk Tree). Is intended behavior or bug ?

Then used against group of enemies from a Concealment do not enable the Overwatch rest part of my squad members.
Ordered couple of my team to set the Overwatch trap, used the Roust to burn a group of enemies, the Concealment was removed, the enemies took damage and moved to Cover, and the Overwatch didin't activate and was still enabled.

Some pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/x7RM7

Got save just before activation so you can reproduce it but I do not why i can't attach files here (save ~600kb is large file ?).

Regards
Robert Green.
"Vullcan81"
Last edited by Bob_Green on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
squidney2k1

Re: Ability Roust and Overwatch - bug or Design ?

Post by squidney2k1 »

Did you use the normal Overwatch (not the Ambush from the Tactical Suppressors Mod)?
Bob_Green

Post by Bob_Green »

Yes, using normal Overwatch.
No one of my soldiers have a suppressor mounted on their's weapon.
Of course I don't use mod what you asking.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

One thing that we've changed is you won't fire Overwatch shots with less than 1% to hit, unless the target has Lightning Reflexes (in which case you always fire). I can't say that's at work here.
Bob_Green

Post by Bob_Green »

johnnylump wrote:One thing that we've changed is you won't fire Overwatch shots with less than 1% to hit, unless the target has Lightning Reflexes (in which case you always fire). I can't say that's at work here.
I've check % of chance to hit and is > 50% from that range.
They don't have PCS that could stop them from activating overwatch.

In another scenario, I've set up Overwatch trap, used Roust, the Concealment removed, enemies of attacked group took damage and moved to cover, overwatch still remains enabled, then another pod joined the party and both Overwatches enabled normally in their's direction.
Nurgle84

Post by Nurgle84 »

I had the same bug today, I activated roust on an enemy group from concealment while having overwatch active. The enemies moved into cover, no overwatch was triggered.

I have a save at hand were the bug (?) is reproducable but I seem to be not able to attach it. (invalid file extension)
bountygiver

Post by bountygiver »

This is due to concealment is broken after ability activation game state submit, after all the effects are applied (so advent won't run to cover before your shot from concealment reach him). And the fallback effect from roust is an effect, so the targets ran into cover while your squad is still concealed, THEN concealment break. So overwatch shots don't fire because your squad is still in concealment, if you have the overwatch from concealment mod you will be able to ambush roust overwatch.
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

Why would you use roust on an unactivated enemy in the first place? Range?