Too much armour?

foreverdead

Too much armour?

Post by foreverdead »

Well with a few ini tweaks I have a spark with 6 armour (yeah I know hate on me all you want). The problem is that they don't seem to matter. advanced troopers and other units that do a max of 6 damage still seem to do at least one damage even with graze shots. Am I missing something or is there a problem when a unit can't hit through armour?

Mod wise the only thing that could affect it is Grimy's loot mod (where 1 of the those armour points comes from an upgrade) everything else is cosmetic.
Jesterofgames7732

Re: Too much armour?

Post by Jesterofgames7732 »

foreverdead wrote:Well with a few ini tweaks I have a spark with 6 armour (yeah I know hate on me all you want). The problem is that they don't seem to matter. advanced troopers and other units that do a max of 6 damage still seem to do at least one damage even with graze shots. Am I missing something or is there a problem when a unit can't hit through armour?

Mod wise the only thing that could affect it is Grimy's loot mod (where 1 of the those armour points comes from an upgrade) everything else is cosmetic.
no matter how much armor you have any shot is always guaranteed to do 1 damage
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

Above poster is right, this is by design.

You wouldn't want to do 0 damage to certain lategame enemies (or midgame turrets) on a graze, would you? :)
Pendrako

Post by Pendrako »

in fairness, only taking one damage is still pretty good, specially if you took repair on that SPARK, and have one of the BiTs from Grimy's loot that adds more charges. just kill guys with shredder first and he'd tank for days.
foreverdead

Post by foreverdead »

Awesome thanks crew, wasn't sure if that was by design or not. :D