Haven Defense/ADVENT Invasion missions bugged

ArchmageMC

Haven Defense/ADVENT Invasion missions bugged

Post by ArchmageMC »

The ADVENT invasion missions, what replaced the Retaliation missions from Vanilla XCOM, are very bugged. This is mostly due to Pod behavior, as they will dash to kill a civvie, then dash towards your squad and attack them. It really doesn't make sense for ADVENT/aliens to have 5+ move points during their turn on these missions. Its especially disheartening when you have an Advent MEC who dashes,kills a civvie, then dashes towards your squad (which it can't see), then scatter, then hit you with its missiles all in one turn. His pod did include a Berserker though.

I understand that enemy pods are supposed to attack when they run into you during their turn, but that behavior might need to be disabled for these missions as it just makes the aliens look like they have as many moves as they want. Also I'm pertty sure pods aren't supposed to move after they've shot a civvie.

Additionally, when a unit is by the psionic relay, I can target them with my snipers and mark them or shoot them with Squadsight. I can't shoot the relay though.

ANOTHER bug. Sometimes if you save a civvie, they don't run off but instead become part of your squad as a VIP. The civvine within a blue move of the shinobi.
https://www.mediafire.com/?qrca80o8hh213va
Pretty sure thats one of my 'starred' civvies.
Last edited by ArchmageMC on Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Re: Haven Defense/ADVENT Invasion missions bugged

Post by mattprice516 »

On invasions, some civvies are rando civvies and some are named rebels from the Haven. The latter will become controllable after rescue and must be evacced.

Not sure about the other stuff - if you have save that reproduces the "5 actions" behavior that'd be useful.
ArchmageMC

Post by ArchmageMC »

mattprice516 wrote:On invasions, some civvies are rando civvies and some are named rebels from the Haven. The latter will become controllable after rescue and must be evacced.

Not sure about the other stuff - if you have save that reproduces the "5 actions" behavior that'd be useful.
I do not, sorry. I just thought about making saves when the civvie thing happened. I'll be making them in the future. I can explain what happened with the other ones though.

1. A pod with a MEC, Berserker, and a trooper. my shinobi was keeping tabs on them. which for some reason I think makes Berserkers move further when they're not in fog. MEC walked up and killed a civvie, Civvies moved, then Berserker just rushed my squad past the scouting shinobi, revealing him, MEC followed being in the pod, MEC then scattered and shot. I did fire a rocket beforehand, blowing up a truck, so it doesn't surprise me the berserker beelined for me.
What seems buggy here is the Berserker dashing AFTER someone in the pod attacked, without getting revealed by something it could see. the rest just makes sense by how pods work.

2. After wondering if that was a glitch or not, I reloaded and the Naja Squadsight snipers were literally right next to the beacon, allowing my sniper to shoot them for some reason. I couldn't do this until after I loaded the autosave.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

Hmm. Sounds like it has something to do with the "kill 1 civvie per turn in fog" behavior, like its not counting as an action on the part of the pod.
ArchmageMC

Post by ArchmageMC »

mattprice516 wrote:Hmm. Sounds like it has something to do with the "kill 1 civvie per turn in fog" behavior, like its not counting as an action on the part of the pod.
Maybe. it was the berserker who shows weird behavior though, which caused everyone else to act strange. When my shinobi was shadowing other pods, they did what they normally do.