Kubikiri Immunity

Manifest

Kubikiri Immunity

Post by Manifest »

So, I noticed the description for Kubikiri says that Alien Rulers are resistant to the effect, and it also says its works on most enemies. Are other types of aliens immune? I had a Kubikiri Crit on a Muton Elite fail to kill the elite, though I didn't save much proof except for the screenshot of impact.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Kubikiri Immunity

Post by johnnylump »

Hmm, did the elite have its shield up?
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

johnnylump wrote:Hmm, did the elite have its shield up?
Shield? Maybe so, I don't actually know what that is so that could be it. Do you mean armor? It did have an armor point at the time. Is the shield an ability?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Muton Elite has a personal shield that surrounds it in purple distortion and absorbs 5 hp damage. I'm trying to figure out why an elite in particular wouldn't go down.
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

johnnylump wrote:Muton Elite has a personal shield that surrounds it in purple distortion and absorbs 5 hp damage. I'm trying to figure out why an elite in particular wouldn't go down.
Ah, no I don't believe I gave it a chance to activate a shield, it was the activation turn after it got hit with a rocket. I'm pretty sure it was a crit and a Kubikiri shot, but if nobody else has had this problem maybe it was my mistake or a one time thing. Probably not worth looking into right now.
SmurfUnunoctium

Post by SmurfUnunoctium »

I have savegames post and pre kubiki where a shot crit an advent shock trooper leaving him at 2hp. So it definitely happens. I'll collect screenshots and other evidence. In case I forget later, the sniper was 2 kills deep into serial. Don't know if that's relevant.

Edit: Unfortunately I don't time to try reproducing it today (It was halfway through a turn). The savegames &screenshot are here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by SmurfUnunoctium on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeaderEnemyBoss

Post by LeaderEnemyBoss »

johnnylump wrote:Muton Elite has a personal shield that surrounds it in purple distortion and absorbs 5 hp damage. I'm trying to figure out why an elite in particular wouldn't go down.
Can confirm, also had a Muton Elite without its shield up survive the crit. Maybe because he still had armor?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Yeah, it looks like the calculation didn't include armor. I'll get a fix in for 1.2. Thanks.
Mandurang

Post by Mandurang »

Hey, I'd like to add to this, I just hit a Muton Berserker (19/25 hp) with Kubikiri, scored a crit but it didn't die. Was wondering if that's working as intended (i.e. are Berserkers immune)? He was left with 8 hp, no shield or armor up at the time. I also have a save game I can make available.
Mandurang

Post by Mandurang »

Just want to add yet another note here in the off chance it helps to iron out a bug, this seems to be consistent behavior for Berserkers. Kubikiri doesn't kill them on a crit, even when they are not armored. Had another one happen on a facility assault mission.

Just wondering if this is reproducible for anyone else, thanks.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Don't know what's going on there but I'll just add a pile more damage to help kill stuff.
SmurfUnunoctium

Post by SmurfUnunoctium »

johnnylump wrote:Don't know what's going on there but I'll just add a pile more damage to help kill stuff.
Haha if I haven't heard more true dev answer in my life. Maybe it was just armor getting counted twice or something :P
Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I've used this skill once with an assault (AWC skill) at point bank on a gatekeeper. It crit for 13 but that was it, no death. It did have 7 armour pips but it was left with more than 7 HP so not sure that was the deciding factor. Lots of risk, no damned reward! :?
infidel901

Post by infidel901 »

Same problem here against gatekeeper. This is with v 1.2
bountygiver

Post by bountygiver »

infidel901 wrote:Same problem here against gatekeeper. This is with v 1.2
That's due to the 33% DR they get when closed, kubrikiri should use a special applyweapon damage effect that straight up use unitstate.takedamage instead of increasing the damage to match their hp to prevent further bugs like this.
pingpong

Post by pingpong »

Playing LW2 v.1.2 and have tried Kubikiri on an Assault vs the General (already damaged) in an HQ mission. It Crit for 17 damage (Scatter Ray) but the General was not killed.

Mine was a bit of a hail Mary as I used my AWC Kubikiri Assault with a Command assist to RnG next to the General. It allowed me to use Kubikiri but did not kill despite crit. This was the first time for me using Kubikiri.