VIP spawn outside of Jail Cells

trihero

VIP spawned inside bed

Post by trihero »

I just had a rescue the VIP mission for a scientist, and when I opened the cell the VIP could not move, it was stuck inside the bed =.=

I could walk up to him and I got cover for being next to the bed but I could not get him out. It was extremely frustrating as it was my first scientist on legendary and it was the month of May already and the mission was smooth until then.
MutatedMuton

Re: VIP spawned inside bed

Post by MutatedMuton »

I just encountered exactly the same thing. It was my second mission after updating to 1.1, a VIP rescue mission for a scientist. I hacked the door and discovered that she was spawned inside the bed and therefore couldn't move.

https://imgur.com/a/qqDTR

My solution was to cheat in some extra health points and then shoot her point blank in the face with a grenade. Did the trick (at the expense of 8 damage).
Swarbs

Post by Swarbs »

I had a similar problem on 1.0, Windows 10 with no other mods activated.

Except in my case I started a mission and one of my soldiers had spawned inside a lamppost. Couldn't move them at all so I just reloaded the autosave from the Geoscape and the mission regenerated with no problems.

No save unfortunately as it happened a while ago.
shallashaska

Post by shallashaska »

Long war version 1.1

Windows 7 sp1

Mods - Evac all / Perfect Information / Overwatch all/others / Gotcha (flank preview evolved)

Same as the above guys. VIP in the city, open cell and the laidy scientist is stuck in the bed, no option to move, just a strange squigly blue trail as if it was trying to show the blue pathing.

Have a save just at the point where the door was opened and was unable to move the VIP. Also have an auto save of the start of the mission.
Save file: save3 is the begining of the level and save6 is the peson in the bed.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68QYZ ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68QYZ ... sp=sharing

Update: Used TTC console command to move VIP out of the bed.
Link for anyone who has the same problem and wants to use the same method:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comments/ ... _commands/
Last edited by shallashaska on Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
NephilimNexus

VIP stuck on furniture

Post by NephilimNexus »

Opps, looks like the map maker decided to put a table in the same spot that the VIP spawned in, and now they're stuck in place and can't move at all.

Probably another Firaxis mistake, but maybe you guys could find a way to fix it anyway? :)
TheCiroth

VIP spawn outside of Jail Cells

Post by TheCiroth »

Today, I had 6 VIPs for two cells. 3 spawned in one cell, 2 in the other. The last one spawned right outside the building. So when I got close, the VIP's activated while still locked in their cells and pulled the map as my squad was still hidden. I made a hard save that I can share and the full list of the mods I have are listed here: https://goo.gl/oubvkN

These are the mods that I am using that change the game:
Absolutely Critical
Evac All
Experimental Item Unlock
Long War 2
LW2 Tactical Suppressors
Merciful Advent
Overwatch All/Others
Non-tile-snapping grenades
Friendly Ai Squadmates
shallashaska

Post by shallashaska »

Hi NephilimNexus,
Had the same problem earlier. I have a link in my comment above that will guide you on how to switch on the console. In the console you can control alot of the game. I found a command that is called TTC that will let you move the character that is highlighted to move to the square where your mouse cursor is hovering over.

So follow the link in my above post where reddit user gigabytemon explains how to gain access to the console and a list of commands you can use.
Note: Once you start the game you have to press the ~ key as the guide explains. I did this and nothing happened, it was a few mins before I noticed that i use UK keyboard layout and not US so i have to press the @ key instead so just a heads up if you make the same foolish mistake as I did.
Hope it gets you back into your long war!
leudaimon

Post by leudaimon »

I also had the same issue. Thanks for providing a console solution!
TheVanug4rd

Re: VIP spawn outside of Jail Cells

Post by TheVanug4rd »

I had something similar happen with a three VIPs, one of them outside the building and an empty cell between her and the other two.

At one point, I had a trooper run into the locked cell and shoot a prisoner, but the door remained locked and I couldn't get the second VIP out. Then a viper poison spat at that second prisoner through two walls. Not sure if either of those is working as expected - I get that the trooper can run into the cell, but shouldn't the door then be opened? And as for vipers spitting through walls, that just seems implausible.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

This appears to be the same issue with two urban maps where you can't go through windows.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: VIP spawn outside of Jail Cells

Post by johnnylump »

(Merging threads)