No pickup bleeding out.

Phantom

No pickup bleeding out.

Post by Phantom »

I cannot pickup a soldier who is bleedind out. (i am standing next to him but there is just no pick up ability avaiable.) This happened now the second time for me.
mustangdood

Re: No pickup bleeding out.

Post by mustangdood »

I have also had this happen a few times.

Once, I was able to stand on top of where the body was, instead of adjacent to it, and was able to pick it up.
Alketi

Post by Alketi »

It happened to me on Network Tower last night, but this was an auto evac situation, so I attributed it to that. The soldier lived as I completed the mission before his bleedout timer expired.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

This is a vanilla bug we've been unable to resolve. If someone is able to find specific conditions when it occurs, we'll take a look.
Tyrlis

Post by Tyrlis »

Just had this happen to me on a VIP kidnap mission. It was a Shinobi, I stabilized him then healed him before trying to pick him up and now I can't pick him up to evac him. It's not an auto-evac mission. He's carrying that unique crossbow-thing, but the mission went flawlessly otherwise so I'm going to leave him instead of wasting another hour doing the mission over. Maybe the unique item thing is why he's bugged?
Jeckhyl

Post by Jeckhyl »

Last time I had that bug (in vanilla game) I remember I had moved all my soldiers further for fight, and the corpse was out of line of sight ; when I came back to pick it I saw it on the ground but couldn't pick it. Maybe the game delete this object when you go too far away ?
CeltPunk

Post by CeltPunk »

Tyrlis wrote:Just had this happen to me on a VIP kidnap mission. It was a Shinobi, I stabilized him then healed him before trying to pick him up and now I can't pick him up to evac him. It's not an auto-evac mission. He's carrying that unique crossbow-thing, but the mission went flawlessly otherwise so I'm going to leave him instead of wasting another hour doing the mission over. Maybe the unique item thing is why he's bugged?
I actually had a similar issue today. The Bleeding Out character was a Shinobi (Lance Corporal, No Special Weapons/Upgrades) and after using a medkit on the downed soldier, I was not able to pick her up despite her body taking up a space (separate from her ragdoll but w/e) and clearly blocking a climbable pipe. I tried to move the characters around her from as many angles as I could (could not get a total 360 due to the ongoing LW2 bug involving impassable low cover). I eventually had to leave her behind because there were no prompts to pick her up.

I have a number of mods installed--mainly character customization stuff. Non-cosmetic mods were Free Camera Movement, Melee Bash, Stabilize Me! (can use a medkit a downed character has in their inventory on them if adjacent), Use My Class! (when importing custom characters from pool it forces the game to use a pre-established character class if indicated), and Flawless Victory Perks (small material bonus reward for succeeding missions successfully with no injuries/losses).

Issue seems to occur consistently with all classes if a downed ally is stabilized before being picked-up. Does anyone else who is having this problem have any overlap with the gameplay mods I previously mentioned?
Last edited by CeltPunk on Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.