Lovely View + Suppression bug

Draxik32

Lovely View + Suppression bug

Post by Draxik32 »

Hello,

This is a bug I've had since LW 2 was first uploaded, and had hoped it had been fixed, but so far it hasn't been (at least for me). Apparently there is a fairly major memory leak either in LW 2 somewhere or the base XCom game that gets exacerbated when LW 2 is installed. With the base game, I don't have this issue, so I kind of think it must be in LW 2 somewhere. Here is what happens:

I am able to play a couple of missions without a single hitch or hick-up, but then, after a mission ends, I get this lovely view of the underside of the Avenger when the Skyranger is supposed to be landing. I get the awesome 'mission accomplished' music the entire time as butterflies or moths or something flutter around flowers or grass, and this is the screen I am stuck on. The very last time I got this issue after the latest patch, it got stuck in a load-loop with the sinister music playing and that's all. When I ctrl-alt-deleted out of it to see what was going on, the Memory (Private Working Set) was INCREDIBLY high (in the millions of KB) and kept disappearing and reappearing. Apparently it was trying to right itself, but it wasn't having any luck.

This is slightly better than what it had been before (actual crashing after this screen showed up), but it still makes LW 2 incredibly tedious to play (having to reload every couple of missions). I love this mod, and would love to see this issue taken care of. If possible, maybe just find this view somewhere and delete it, since it seems as if it serves no purpose, even in the base game. This view appears darkened for a split second before the Skyranger lands, but with LW 2 it actually appears in full vivid, beautiful color.

There was also one other bug that I ran into just before this happened. I had put a sectoid under suppression, and the thing ran to better cover without the suppression actually doing anything other than making the animation and the sound. The soldier didn't even change direction when the sectoid moved, just kept firing in the same direction as if it was behind the same cover and had not moved. Perhaps the two bugs are related (may have caused the memory leak, I'm not sure), but these might be two separate bugs. I don't have a monster computer by today's standards, but my computer can run this game quite well despite that. I really want to give LW 2 the same amount of time I did with LW 1, but if I have to do this every couple of missions, it makes the game incredibly difficult to fully immerse myself into.

Thank you for your time, and I hope this can be resolved soon. I love this mod and want to keep playing it!