[Double Bug] Broken Black Market and Soldier Selection

Technophage

[Double Bug] Broken Black Market and Soldier Selection

Post by Technophage »

Hello, Pavonis Interactive,

First of all, really good job on both Long Wars mods, they are really fun to play, and add a lot to the game. I'm considering modding with your base but I'll need to finish a campaign first to know what I can do. Which brings me to the matter at hand : I've encountered two bugs preventing me from playing :

Interacting with the black market makes the game crashes. I already generated and sent you the dump relative to this issue.

More troublesome : The soldier selection is broken. Whenever I click on "Select Soldier", a pan is effectued, showing the current selected soldiers closer, but no HUD is showing. Impossible to get out of that, I have to hard-stop the game from the task manager, and no dump is automatically generated here. I could still make one if you'd like.

Admitedly I did not followed the steps you're giving, as I believe it is to troubleshoot installation problems ? I also have some mods installed, but nothing that isn't compatible with LW2. I tried without said mods, and it still happened. Last but not least, I disinstalled and reinstalled the whole game to no avail.

Sorry to be a bother, and with the hope you'll find a way to solve that.
Caerus

Re: [Double Bug] Broken Black Market and Soldier Selection

Post by Caerus »

No idea about the bkack market but see this topic for possible solution on soldier select UI:

http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 19&t=24109
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

This happened a lot to people who tried to use the standalone LW mods together with LW2, but i guess you sortet that one out already.
Difinitely run through the troubleshooting steps. At least refresh your inis.
Technophage

Post by Technophage »

I'm ashamed and feel dumb, but I did let the standalones activated. The soldiers problem is now gone, I'll try the Black market one later.

Many, many thanks to both of you.