Couple reports (sectopod, experimental heavy, archon king)

Stroggus

Couple reports (sectopod, experimental heavy, archon king)

Post by Stroggus »

Hello guys!

I`ve got some things to report. Sorry for the lack of the actual data, but may be this will help. I run vanilla LW 1.1 with hotfix

1. When you take control over Sectopod (haywire or full override) it cannot use other abilities beside primary fire and his high stance skill. When you use lightning field it does literally nothing, but the cooldown starts ticking. The same goes for the wraith canon, it needs 1 turn to charge and start charging animation and then nothing happens after 1 or 2 or 3 turns and so on.

2. I don`t remember after which tech it became available, but the thing is that in late late game you have Proving Grounds project Experimental Heavy Weapons that doesn`t cost anything and is completed instantly and you get as you should various heavy weapons, which you can actually sell on the market. Not that supplies are needed in that stage, but still. Also you can do this project as many times as you want (it just build up the quene list and intantly complete them all once you are on geoscape).

3. After defeating Archon King he later appeared again with his minions (2 archon buddies and a trash trooper) on ambush troop column mission. And I get another archon king corpse which is listed in the inventory. Although I think it is cool to have rulers spawn from time to time like mini bosses I don`t think it is intended. Or he has a brother, lol.
Hazelnut

Re: Couple reports (sectopod, experimental heavy, archon king)

Post by Hazelnut »

Stroggus wrote: 1. When you take control over Sectopod (haywire or full override) it cannot use other abilities beside primary fire and his high stance skill. When you use lightning field it does literally nothing, but the cooldown starts ticking. The same goes for the wraith canon, it needs 1 turn to charge and start charging animation and then nothing happens after 1 or 2 or 3 turns and so on.
I have experienced this as well. Spent best part of an hour trying to get wraith cannon to fire. The lightning field zapped 1 of 3 the first time I used it, but since has done nothing another 3 times I've tried.