Invasion mission crash

Kizaray

Invasion mission crash

Post by Kizaray »

Hey guys every time I have had the invasion mission my game crashes and requires a reboot because it completely freezes my PC. First about three or four turns in the game starts lagging exponentially, the frames drop dramatically and even the sound started glitching. This gets worse and worse and worse until finally when the trigger happens when you see the beacon the game crashes. I have had 3 Invasion missions now and every time the exact same thing has happened. I am playing on a Windows 10 64-bit with an up-to-date system and a good graphics card. I am running the following mods with long war:
>Evac All
>Deadpool voice pack
>Show me the skills
>Stop wasting my time
This does not happen on any other mission. To fix this, I propose, instead of a beacon have it be the smaller beacon you have to destroy in the normal intel missions. I think it has something to do with that weird wave that radiates from the beacon. Once I reboot, the game still is laggy but I am able to finish it.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Invasion mission crash

Post by johnnylump »

This isn't a universal bug so we can't just make changes on one report. Can you post your launch.log from a crash?
Kizaray

Post by Kizaray »

The game completely froze up my pc to a black screen so i had to do a hard reboot. Should i step away and maybe give it a few minutes to process next time? I wanna help you guys fix this because I love this mod and what you guys do.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

I have no way of knowing. With a launch.log it's possible to diagnose.
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

There's a 98+% chance your troubles are mostly caused by ShowMeTheSkills as that very old mod (even the pseudo-updated version by ReasonER) is trying to hook onto a heavily altered LoadOut process by LW2 bigger Squad mechanics (two rows).
Kizaray

Post by Kizaray »

I bet you are right Zxy. Its weird that a mod that changes things during the soldier selection screen can bug out a mission. Ill drop that mod. Is there any way to drop a mod without corrupting a save file?
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

You can safely remove most mods from a save, yes. Obviously I wouldn't recommend trying to remove LW2 from a LW2 save file, but for cosmetics, voicepacks, and most UI changes it's not an issue.
Kizaray

Post by Kizaray »

Alright, ill give it a shot next time i fire up xcom. Thanks :)
Kizaray

Post by Kizaray »

Update! ADVENT overheard this conversation and litterally my first mission starting xcom was an invasion. Deleted show me the skills and boom! No more bug. It still lags a bit but thats expected on such a huge map. Thanks for the tips everyone!!