Serial working or no?

Gilbert

Serial working or no?

Post by Gilbert »

I just got serial on an assault, and used it for the first time. It did not work as I expected, so wanted to ask how it's supposed to work, figure this is the proper place to do so.

I activated serial before taking any actions, blue moved, and shot and killed a snake. Only refunded a single AP. I expected 2.
Used that action to now yellow move to another position, and turn ended. Commanded assault to get one more action, which I used to shoot and kill another enemy. Serial refunded again a single AP.

I thought in vanilla game, serial refunded 2 AP, or at least as many AP as used thus far. I figure 3 possibilites exist. My understanding of how serial is supposed to work is totally wrong, serial in LW works different than in vanilla, or serial in this case is not working as intended. Can anyone set me straight?

Thanks.
LordYanaek

Re: Serial working or no?

Post by LordYanaek »

I think serial refunds enough AP to fire another shot. in the case of an assault, it's 1.
Stroggus

Post by Stroggus »

Check this out
http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 21&t=24486

Probably you have something similar with Hit And Run perk or something
Gilbert

Post by Gilbert »

Stroggus wrote:Check this out
http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 21&t=24486

Probably you have something similar with Hit And Run perk or something
I did see that thread before posting. I don't have hit and run, or anything else I think could impact serial on that assault. I do know in base game implaccable seemed to do weird things with serial. Since others in that thread said they thought serial was working with other skill combos, I supposed that maybe this is working as intended, as suggested by Lord Yanaek. Just was hoping to confirm one way or another. Almost posted this in the thread you linked, but thought a new thread might be more appropriate, since that one is in the resolved section, and is sort of different circumstances.

Thanks both for your replies though.
Stroggus

Post by Stroggus »

Rolled Serial for my Assault and retrained him to take Rapid Fire. And they don`t go well with each other. Serial + a kill with Rapid Fire = end of soldier`s turn.