Poison DOESN'T ignore ablative points.

saroscycler

Poison DOESN'T ignore ablative points.

Post by saroscycler »

Please fix it :lol:
Mavoc

Re: Poison DOESN'T ignore ablative points.

Post by Mavoc »

why would it, Ablative Hit Points are still Hit Points and not armor, so the poison should affect them
3dahs

Post by 3dahs »

Mavoc wrote:why would it, Ablative Hit Points are still Hit Points and not armor, so the poison should affect them
I thought it was called ablative armor? I mean I kinda see his point. If it's poison it should go straight through armor. If its acid it should be hitting the ablative armor.
Mavoc

Post by Mavoc »

• Grants 2 ablative armor points.
  • These hit points, once lost, cannot be regained for the remainder of the mission.
  • Loss of Ceramic Plating HP does not increase wound time.
  • Only one plating item and one vest can be equipped at a time.
Seems that are referred to as both armor and hitpoints.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

vanilla base game does not have such a mechanic. if the soldier burns or other tick effect damage, then it will use ablative hps. but i understand this feature and imo it should ignore ablative hp. It is just more realistic. ablative hp through plating should ignore. even better would be an option something like bskiptickdamage for items like plating so other items, abilities or custom mods can choose by their own if they want to make it bypass. I remember in xcom ew long war poison/acid would ignore armor and go direct to the health.